Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow Area Blog, Whats happening?

• 07-05-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi there, I've recently moved to Arklow, lovely Town and I'm trying to get people to inform each other what's going on in the Town from time to time. So here's your opportunity to let us all know whats going on.

Pub quiz nights? citizens nights out/ football team news / all sorts of things,anything with local news, someone out there might be interested in your news. Hope to hear from you soon.If it's happening it's worth telling us...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Hi, you can usually find pub quizzes in the Old Ship pub on thursday nights and they are usually in aid of a local charity/school or group and are entertaining.There is a festival coming up in June where the main street will be partly closed to facilitate the different events such as pipe bands and rock and ballad groups and a host of other events. Then in early August we have the Lifeboat weekend which takes place in the quays area and mainly the south quay. It used to be a three day event but I think it is now down to two. There is of course the return of music to the pubs which died down a bit during the boom times and this is also to be welcomed.

Advertisement