Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy quad band phone or phone suitable for central america

Options
  • 07-05-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Anyone know where I could buy a bricks and mortar quad band phone for use in central america please?
    Just need something cheap to make and receive calls.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

CPW have the Nokia 2730 for €69.99 online on Vodafone, 3 and Meteor and for €79.99 on O2. No doubt it would cost about €10 more in-store and add to that the cost of unlocking; unless you can get an unlock for from your current network provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

will a tri-band not work? pretty sure i used a tri-band last visit to the states, phone above looks ok too for the job-y

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Rsaeire wrote: »
    CPW have the Nokia 2730 for €69.99 online on Vodafone, 3 and Meteor and for €79.99 on O2. No doubt it would cost about €10 more in-store and add to that the cost of unlocking; unless you can get an unlock for from your current network provider.

Thanks Rsaeire appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

I just realised that I have a spare nokia 6230i and the guide says it works on EGSM 900, GSM 1800, and GSM 1900. Does this mean it will work in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and Colombia?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Need 850 for Panama but should be ok in the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Sneachta, you can find out what GSM, and also 3G, frequencies mobile networks in other countries use by consulting GSM World.

Advertisement