Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bittnerness?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

I don't post over in the soccer fourm due to a certain amount if fuc kery that gies on at times but I came across the well done harry thread and a couple of other threads on other sites.

Anyway, I'm amazed how quickly the goodwill has turned. I would even have been delighted for city had they done it (anyone outside the big 4)

tbf allot of people are giving us our dues but I thought we would get at least the week hoging the limelight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

ziedth wrote: »
    I don't post over in the soccer fourm due to a certain amount if fuc kery that gies on at times but I came across the well done harry thread and a couple of other threads on other sites.

Anyway, I'm amazed how quickly the goodwill has turned. I would even have been delighted for city had they done it (anyone outside the big 4)

tbf allot of people are giving us our dues but I thought we would get at least the week hoging the limelight.

All that really matters is that we deservedly got 4th thanks to a good manager, who got a talented group of individuals to gel together and perform well over the course of a season. I'd rather people have a pop at us now that we are relevant again than be stuck in mid-table again and be everyones "2nd team"

TBF I think its only a few who are having a go anyway, most people seem happy to have someone break up the Sky 4, as I would be if Villa had done it (probably less so if it was City!)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Who cares about the begrudgers!

Its all about Tottenham and I reckon they don't like us coz they know we are a threat to them now.

A lot of fans of other teams I have spoken to were happy to see us do well. Some said that Tottenham were their "second favourite team".

What has impressed other teams fans who watch Spurs is that we always play football and try to have a go in most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I wouldn't mind them much most threads on the sf are turned into club finance scutinizing threads. There's a very good post by playboy there highlighting that it's our strict control of wages and high turnover that gives us the ability to fund our transfers and not our owner and that simply the club is well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Agree with you there everdead. Thankfully in these days of crazy transfers fees, wages and debts our club seems to be run perfectly as a business. Daniel Levy and the suits at WHL should be applauded for this.
    I hear he was holding on for a deal for the shirt sponsor and if we get into the champions league group stages too we will be in a good position for years to come.icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ah I'm not bothered either tbh,

I just found it funny the bile being spouted from certain areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's just jealousy, fcuk em all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DJ Defoe

Ah I'm not bothered either tbh,

I just found it funny the bile being spouted from certain areas.

Agreed, you should have seen all the gooners and spammers on the Facebook groups saying how we were still a joke and didn't deserve it!!! LMAO if thats not sour grapes after all the boys hard work over this season. I personally like to think how it would be now if we had won the stupid games we lost this season!

I'm TTID

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Why is anyone surprised we have people who dislike us, or our manager?

There are plenty of people on here who hate Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, United, Liverpool and any other number of clubs.

Where's the difference?

I don't expect anyone to like Spurs, but I do think it churlish to dismiss our achievements. Despite that, I'm not getting bent out of shape because we are not universally popular, I've better things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Why is anyone surprised we have people who dislike us, or our manager?

There are plenty of people on here who hate Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, United, Liverpool and any other number of clubs.

Where's the difference?

I don't expect anyone to like Spurs, but I do think it churlish to dismiss our achievements. Despite that, I'm not getting bent out of shape because we are not universally popular, I've better things to do.

nail on the head. never bothers me what anyone says or thinks bout Spurs. Shur we hammer them enuff ourselves at times.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

The more successful you are the more you're hated. I'm looking foward to the ABS days - Anyone But Spurs !!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

I'm also sick of hearing "you've only qualified for the CL qualifier" line already.

FFS, if Man ****ty had finished 4th, it would all be "oh yeah, city will be looking to win the CL next season".

We'll be a force to be reckoned with in the PL next year let alone the CL.

Final is at Wembley ain't it? And the year ends in one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

TobesYid wrote: »
    FFS, if Man ****ty had finished 4th, it would all be "oh yeah, city will be looking to win the CL next season".

I'm struggling to get my head around this...

I can understand people using cuss words to talk about Arsenal, Chelsea and what not, but why would you go out of your way to misspell City?

:confused:

People need to stop seeing every club other than Spurs as something to be hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I don't really understand the hatred for the Redknapp's in there at all. Jamie, bless him, isn't the most insightful pundit around but he seems a decent lad, his missus is a f*cking goddess though. But what's with everyone seemingly hating Harry? Could probably understand the Pompey fan's dislike, and he isn't squeaky clean sure but I don't see what's to hate about him?

I never liked him TBH but all that changed this year.

I would marry the man now, I love the interview he saw giving and his mobile rang and he looked and was like "it's only the wife"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I never liked him TBH but all that changed this year.

I would marry the man now, I love the interview he saw giving and his mobile rang and he looked and was like "it's only the wife"

Don't suppose you have a bid of that I never saw it

I saw it on soccer am sorry,

Try you tube, it's surely on there

Advertisement