Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's a good spot for a curry?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? Any early bird specials? I feel a hot one coming on...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

PAPRIKA in salthill is pretty good.
    http://www.paprikaindian.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Kashmir is yum.

Early bird until 7pm as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Paprika & Eastern Tandoori are my picks. Kashmir is not as good as it's cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Haldi. Can't go wrong. I've a hankering for it this evening. Kashmir is indeed not all its cracked up to be. Eastern Tandoori is very yum too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Eastern Tandoori. Was in Paprika recently, lovely staff, food a medium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I am the curry king. :D

Go to Thai Garden and ask for Gai Fai Dang (number 33 on the menu). It is a really hot chicken curry.

Look no further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Get yourself down to the market early tomorrow morning. The bean tree stall there do a great pea and potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Tulsi

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Tulsi

Tulsi is amazing, nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Royal Villa, above the aquarium in salthill.
    Gorgeous currys, and they have a deal during the week somthing like 2 course meal and a glass of wine for €20, or 3 course for €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Get a Madra's Curry from the Bean Tree on a Saturday with Youghurt and especially the Chilly Cutney....*Drool*.... have 3 in the freezer from week to week.
    Does tend to test the disposal power of your Armitage Shanks though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 androma

eastern tandoori is the best by a country mile,ive ate in every one mentioned and none come close.the chicken bhuna rocks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I found Paprika to be inferior to Kashmir but priced much better for a takeaway.

Tulsi FTW though.

Any opinions on Kumar's?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭annoyingbeast

If you go into any public toilet at night im sure youll find one in a bowl in one of the cubicles! not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Royal Villa, above the aquarium in salthill.
    Gorgeous currys, and they have a deal during the week somthing like 2 course meal and a glass of wine for €20, or 3 course for €25

Is that not Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I love a good curry here and there. Used to goto Kashmir and eastern tandoori quite a lot, I found some poor service in Kashmir a few times, but would get a take away from them. and some dishes in Eastern Tandoori are fantastic, but i have found myself going to Kumars a lot more recently. The dishes are fantastic, and if they can make it(reguards to time and materials) they can make any dish you want.

They have a great 2 person offer also if you enjoy your dinner with someone else.

Advertisement