Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

odd rule with regard to maternity

Options
  • 07-05-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I started a new job this week, great job, permanent etc. We had some induction training this week and I'm slightly concerned by something in the employee manual though, I've never seen such a rule in any previous job and didn't think that it was possible.

Basically it's with regard to maternity leave. They don't pay the employee unless she has been with the company for more than 24months. this applies to everyone in the company, permanent or not. Is this legal?? I've no plans to get pregnant but still, accidents can happen and this has me worried.

Is an employer entitled to do this? It wasn't on my contract, only in the employee manual.

Can anybody advise?

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement