Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Network MW2 map pack refund

Options
  • 07-05-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this query but here goes.

First my situation,
    I own an american Ps3 purchased in new york 3 years ago when I was spending some time over there.
    I'm now back in ireland and had been playing Modern Warefare 2, bought in Game Stop here.

So I went online through the playstation network store to purchase the Stimulus map package, found it, bought it (16 dollars) and installed it. It doesn't work.
    I've since found out that I need to connect to the european store with different profile and purchase it there for it to work with my Irish game disk.
    I have done this and re-purchased it from the european store. Now I would like a refund of the 16 dollars for the useless version.

I'm unclear where I stand with the refund request, as sony says i'm not entitled to one. Does the sale of goods supplies and services act apply here, Not fit for the purpose intended etc or distance selling regulations, cooling off period (i'm on day 1 of my 7 days)?:confused:

Best regards,
    Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

You might have an option under the distance sellng act... others can comment on that..

Otherwise, no you don't have any comeback.. there is a difference between you buying a faulty/not fit for purpose item and an item that doesn't work for your setup (the item was not faulty).. You purchased the wrong item, there is essentially no legal comeback for that (outside of goodwill, which Sony don't seem to be offering).

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

If it's anything like Xbox 360, those items are non refundable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SoGA don't apply; goods is fit for use even though you bought the wrong one which is not the store's fault (unless you asked them before hand).

Distance Act most likely not since what you bought is clearly defined and no amount of "touching" it can change what it is or verify the quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Even distance selling may not apply. Since you paid $16, I assume you bought it from the USA. As such, no consumer protection here will apply, as you bought from outside of the EU.

I think you may have to let this one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nothing you can do unfortunately. A cheaper option than rebuying the map pack is to sell your EU version and buy a US version of MW2 off the internet. Too much hassle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had a similar problem i imported Rock band because it was talking over a year for it to come out here. When i bought some songs from the EU store they didnt work.

I emailed sony saying there was no warning of this and that games are ment to be region free but to no avail. I got a email back saying they will only refund if to product doesnt work. I emailed back a smart answer saying thats my point they dont work !!!. Heard nothing back.

Got a follow up email from sony marketing looking to see if i would fill in a survey about my customer experience. It wasnt pretty !!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

Yeah it looks like I'll just have to take the hit on this one.
    I suppose I was expecting a little to much from Sony, like them being reasonable!

Thanks for all the replies folks,
    Best regards,
    Ray

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sony, Dell and Apple is from my experience the once that will give you the least in terms of going beyond their own terms and conditions (though they tend to be excellent while in side their T&Cs).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

IIRC the store gives you a warning to ensure that your copy ofa game is compatible with the DLC before you buy DLC.

I'd ask them (nicely) for a store credit (or partial store credit).

Alternatively I'd offer to swap my copy of the game for a US copy of the game online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Did you choose the correct BLES code from the list, i.e. the one that corresponds with your irish disk. There is a choice of 7 different download options, each for the individual BLES code.

I'm using a US ps3, with Irish disk and had no problems.

It might not be any help, but you can go back into downloads and try the one with the matching BLES code. (This is presuming that you did'nt choose the matching code initially, and still want the DLC pack)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rayfitzharris

The US store has no such bles code options only one 350meg download. That's the problem; i mistakenly downloaded from the us store first, they let me and took my money for the trouble too.

Advertisement