Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin, 8 May 2010

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Did ye travel down the N9 to Castledermot on Saturday.
    If so is this now a quiet road given the nearby motorway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

ROK ON wrote: »
    Did ye travel down the N9 to Castledermot on Saturday.
    If so is this now a quiet road given the nearby motorway?
    Only for about 4km ([url=https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/17827/113213.png[/url]) and unintentionally- I had meant to go straight on to Kilkea but couldn't as the motorway cut it off.

Yes, the N9 was quiet. I wasn't sure why it had not been redesignated as an R road- the N8 has for much of its length.

Castledermot looked like a bit of a ghost town to be honest, a lot of stuff shuttered up. I've noticed this in a lot of towns on the now bypassed by the M8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    @Lumen: Are you implying I am a Fred?

Not at all, quite the opposite. It's just that the chain jamming in the spokes would indicate the need for a pie plate (or a competent mechanic), and I'm sure if anyone can carry it off it's you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Nah, no need for a pie plate, competent mechanical skills maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Cadex wrote: »
    Then up through Roundwood, Ballinastoe (long section of gravel and feck all tar, what's the story there?)

A lot of the roads around roundwood are like that. I was around the mountains myself on saturday and the climb from roundwood to sally gap is gravel for about 1km then not bad. thankfully it turns to proper surface when the proper climbing starts.

Wind was a bitch on saturday. Heading up the wicklow gap it was in our face. Heading out through laragh (stopped in home home for a snack) it was in our face. From sally gap to tallaght it was in our face! We only got a tail wind in the last 10km coming back to blessington.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

iregk wrote: »
    A lot of the roads around roundwood are like that. I was around the mountains myself on saturday and the climb from roundwood to sally gap is gravel for about 1km then not bad. thankfully it turns to proper surface when the proper climbing starts.

As a lot of us discovered about 2 weeks ago descending from luggala(that climb) isn't a lot of fun at the moment...no warning coming down(least not then), few of us all hit the gravel section at >70km/hr its interesting doing windy roads on gravel at that speed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

.. stop looking at the women in Larragh and get yourself one. It would be much healthier.

No it's not.....keep looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

Cadex wrote: »
    Distance: 199.8k

I think I'd have been tempted to cycle around the block to make 200...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I think I'd have been tempted to cycle around the block to make 200...
    just hold your bike up and spin the front wheel ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

To be honest, I kinda did! I went in the slightly longer way to my estate rather than the most direct. I reckoned no one would argue with 199.8 but might quibble something like 198. I felt I was being pathetic as I was doing it, so sternly told myself to 'just go home and cop on'. At this point you could be caught mumbling to yourself....

As for 'spin the front wheel' - oh my! The suggestion that one of us would fiddle is just scary.....

Advertisement