Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just curious [? appearing on logo click]

Options
  • 07-05-2010 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

What's this mean:

113114.JPG

and also, when I was on the Boards homepage, I noticed there was a question mark next to the URL. Is Boards getting old and senile, forgetting who it is?

113115.JPG

Nice one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Internet Time has been there for a few years! As for the question mark, not sure how that happened but it could be from browsing to certain places, copy pasting urls and not completely copying them, a number of things. Can you replicate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The question mark appears when you click on the Boards.ie logo on the first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just to point out, I've gotten/am getting the ? after the .ie/ bit too if I go to the home page (not my subbed list). I'm using google chrome and no copy/paste going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ah thanks for that.

I just pressed the homepage logo and got it again.

113122.JPG

Heh. Weird. it's not annoying me or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah right y'all are! I'll move this from Helpdesk to the dev forum as it's not a bug but might be due to some other issue, cheers!

note to devs: Wasn't sure to put this as a bug or 'not a bug' so defaulted to 'bug report' just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's just a query string, with no variables being passed. Seems like a purely aesthetic thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

It's just a cosmetic thing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement