Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I buy a meteor phone online, can I return it in a store?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Just bought a Samsung Tocco Lite online on Bank Holiday Monday as it was €20 off. Took delivery off it yesterday and its a great phone. The only problem is the hold button which is located on the side. The right hand side of the button is slightly raised in comparison to the left hand side. The button still functions perfectly and it is hardly noticeable but at the same time I feel like this might be an issue with the spring underneath the button down the line. I do not want to have to send it off via post (even if meteor send you out a pre-paid envelope) and wait ages to get it back ( I will be seeking a new phone as this should not happen in the first day and is not caused by me). Can I instead explain this in a shop and get satisfaction there or will they either
    (a) Send it off anyway (though if I had bought a phone instore, it would be replaced there and then I assume)
    (b) Fob me off and say deal with it myself via online (though I have a feeling this is illegal, they may be a franchise in the bricks and mortar shop, but still same company?)

Thoughs and opinions? Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

tommy21 wrote: »
    Hey folks. Just bought a Samsung Tocco Lite online on Bank Holiday Monday as it was €20 off. Took delivery off it yesterday and its a great phone. The only problem is the hold button which is located on the side. The right hand side of the button is slightly raised in comparison to the left hand side. The button still functions perfectly and it is hardly noticeable but at the same time I feel like this might be an issue with the spring underneath the button down the line. I do not want to have to send it off via post (even if meteor send you out a pre-paid envelope) and wait ages to get it back ( I will be seeking a new phone as this should not happen in the first day and is not caused by me). Can I instead explain this in a shop and get satisfaction there or will they either
    (a) Send it off anyway (though if I had bought a phone instore, it would be replaced there and then I assume)
    (b) Fob me off and say deal with it myself via online (though I have a feeling this is illegal, they may be a franchise in the bricks and mortar shop, but still same company?)

Thoughs and opinions? Many thanks!
    Nope, you're going to have to return it back via the online store. They won't accept it in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your going to return it get a refund. Just say your not happy with it and don't want it. You've got 7 days to get it back to them. Make sure it's intact. Don't mention the fault or they could push it back on you.

Then you can order online again or you can go to bricks and mortar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

If your going to return it get a refund. Just say your not happy with it and don't want it. You've got 7 days to get it back to them. Make sure it's intact. Don't mention the fault or they could push it back on you.

Then you can order online again or you can go to bricks and mortar.

It can only be returned in the case of not wanting it if the box is still sealed and the phone unused. I have used the phone and put sim contacts etc. on to it. Pretty annoyed havent gotten a new phone in years, typical! Beginning to wish I'd bought it in a shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My Tocco Lite is the same in that the left side of the unlock button on the side of the phone is lower than the right side if the screen is facing me... only noticeable now that I'm looking at it though.

My Tocco Lite is the same in that the left side of the unlock button on the side of the phone is lower than the right side if the screen is facing me... only noticeable now that I'm looking at it though.

You described exactly what I was referring to! I know someone who has one, I will check with them tomorrow and see what theirs looks like. The phone itself is great and the button would not bother me if that is how it is supposed to be, but obviously worried could be a spring issue underneath the button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

afaik when you purchase on meteors online store you get a discount for doing so. essentially you are paying the 10 quid less to forgo any service so you have to return it online. i had this problem a few months ago. went into shop got advice off assistant and tried phone, thought i would be real smart getting ti online and saving a few quid but then the phone broke and it was so much hassle i could instantly regret not getting it in a store. ah well, thems the breaks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

There's a Meteor representative on here - so might want to send him a message and ask if it is possible. It's Meteor (Glynn).

slowmoe wrote: »
    afaik when you purchase on meteors online store you get a discount for doing so. essentially you are paying the 10 quid less to forgo any service so you have to return it online. i had this problem a few months ago. went into shop got advice off assistant and tried phone, thought i would be real smart getting ti online and saving a few quid but then the phone broke and it was so much hassle i could instantly regret not getting it in a store. ah well, thems the breaks!!!

Thanks for the reply, well yeah ironically they were both the same price but on bank holiday Monday there happened to be twenty off online so I went for it. Definately feeling a tinge of regret now! It might be nothing though hopefully but I just don't want to lose my brand new phone for weeks on end!

Just to update you - in fairness excellent customer care from Meteor. The freepost package arrived, I sent it back with the post on Friday and they had a brand new phone to me on Tuesday!

Advertisement