Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on 12G cartridge.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Just another couple of question's regarding the shotgun.

As I said it's a Rizzini 12g O/U. I bought it from my father-in-law who had it for about 2 years but rarely used it, and TBH, knows less about it than I do.

Can all shotguns be fitted with chokes?

If not, do any of ye nice people have any experience with these guns and can inform me if they are choke friendly?

Sorry to wreck ye're heads but I can't find the time to get into my gun dealer to annoy him about it!!

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

pajero2005 wrote: »
    Just another couple of question's regarding the shotgun.

As I said it's a Rizzini 12g O/U. I bought it from my father-in-law who had it for about 2 years but rarely used it, and TBH, knows less about it than I do.

Can all shotguns be fitted with chokes?

If not, do any of ye nice people have any experience with these guns and can inform me if they are choke friendly?

Sorry to wreck ye're heads but I can't find the time to get into my gun dealer to annoy him about it!!

Thanks in advance.

look at the top of barrel of your UNLOADED shotgun. if there are slots that a choke wrench/spanner/key could crip to unscrew; then their is a choke in it

http://www.rizzini.it/eng/home.html

You would have to be more specific with the model. look at the website for more info.
    If you have chokes which your brand looks to have; then they can be changed to suite your needs.
    A choke does what it says, Full choke is the tightest choke;which means keeps pellets tighter together slightly longer. Full choke and say 4's when shooting duck.
    Cylinder or widest choke supplied for particular firearm has the quickest spread of shot. Shooting snipe for example with No.7 cartridge

Do you have the box it came with or manual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

JW £2.50 I think was the cheapest I can remember .22lr being. But the super would not let anyone under 21 licence it at the time. I'm not as old as you :D

i reckon he still regerts it .

had my first shot gun at 15ish a single barrel Baikal ,i could flick up a penny and hit it with it and .22 at 18 .

look at the top of barrel of your UNLOADED shotgun. if there are slots that a choke wrench/spanner/key could crip to unscrew; then their is a choke in it

http://www.rizzini.it/eng/home.html

You would have to be more specific with the model. look at the website for more info.
    If you have chokes which your brand looks to have; then they can be changed to suite your needs.
    A choke does what it says, Full choke is the tightest choke;which means keeps pellets tighter together slightly longer. Full choke and say 4's when shooting duck.
    Cylinder or widest choke supplied for particular firearm has the quickest spread of shot. Shooting snipe for example with No.7 cartridge

Do you have the box it came with or manual?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a box or manual for the gun. I can't make out any model number or name anywhere on the gun.

I took a look at the top of the barrel's but no sign of anything to accommodate a set of chokes.:(

Oh well, I'll just have to keep on trucking!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

pajero2005 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a box or manual for the gun. I can't make out any model number or name anywhere on the gun.

I took a look at the top of the barrel's but no sign of anything to accommodate a set of chokes.:(

Oh well, I'll just have to keep on trucking!:D

Shine a torch inside the barrel, If there is a seam approx 1" down you have a choke. It is possible you have none. Cheaper guns usually have fixed chokes

• Advertisement

Shine a torch inside the barrel, If there is a seam approx 1" down you have a choke. It is possible you have none. Cheaper guns usually have fixed chokes

Looks like it's a cheaper one. I'll have to renegotiate with the father-in-law!!

Thanks again Tackleberrywho.

Advertisement