Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning 18 next week, but have Under 18 account

Options
  • 07-05-2010 9:29pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm with Ulster Bank, and have an Adapt Account, which is the UB term for an account for under 18s, which operates as a normal current account without credit facilities (but you still get the Visa Debit Card).

I will be 18 next Thursday. Is there any need for me to contact the bank and tell them, or can I just continue as normal? Will I be automatically upgraded to a normal Current Account (minus the credit facilities) or will I have to apply again?

Sorry for the trivial question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No need to contact them. The account will continue as normal. You can apply to have it upgraded to a Current Account where you can avail of of features like an overdraft etc if you meet the criteria.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the reply! That's good to hear. I think I'll just leave it as it is, as I don't think I'd be eligible for any of the upgraded facilities, such as an overdraft, owing to the fact that I have no credit history, and not a lot in the bank account.

Thanks again for the reply!

Advertisement