Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small phones

Options
  • 07-05-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Im having a debate here. Is the X10 mini too small.
    gsmarena_026.jpggsmarena_023.jpg
    gsmarena_021.jpg

Official dimensions are
    83 x 50 x 16 mm

se-x10-mini-2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Yep it's feckin' tiny. Grand if you're a dwarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

reminds me of the 8210, that was tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Davy wrote: »
    reminds me of the 8210, that was tiny

I was just about to say the same thing. Loved that phone despite it's ****e reliability. Looked at a few vids of the mini on youtube, impressive but the sms app requires the user to have the eyes of a hawk - a tiny white font in a small box in the centre of a small screen on sky blue background isn't a great idea.

How long before you'd get sick of reading messages like that...

x10_mini2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

still the Nokia 7280 beats it hands down.

But nothiing compaired to my ultra compact
    DMOONEY V1
    chinese-baby-phone-swap-420-90.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mooneyd wrote: »
    Im having a debate here. Is the X10 mini too small.
    gsmarena_026.jpggsmarena_023.jpg
    gsmarena_021.jpg

Official dimensions are
    83 x 50 x 16 mm

se-x10-mini-2.jpg

There's no way i could use that! Fair enough, that's coming from an N900 user. But still. I mean it makes sense to have a small "candy-bar" style phone with buttons. But a tiny touch screen, which means you have to type on it as well as trying to see what you're typing is just going to be a pain.

• Advertisement

It's a bit girly too don't yah think? Can't see the top businessmen with one of them in their hands :D

id love to know the rrp. i thing it would sell pretty well @ 150-229

Your having a laugh mate... 400 quid! HERE

There's also the X10 Mini Pro (sliding keyboard) for an extra 50-60 quid. HERE

It's all Android anyway... as soon as I see that OS on a phone puts me straight off!!

Thats sim free though, on net it shouldnt be too bad. I know the mini pro but its the fact the mini is soo small

Yeah true. Don't think it's available on networks yet as the X10 original was just released in Ireland not too long ago, might be a while. Sure whatever you're into... :P

• Advertisement

3 are releasing both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They were talking about a tiny cheap phone on the cycling forum. Can't fint it, but it was something like this.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/credit-card-sized-mobile-phone-simvalley-pico-rx-80/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BostonB wrote: »
    They were talking about a tiny cheap phone on the cycling forum. Can't fint it, but it was something like this.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/credit-card-sized-mobile-phone-simvalley-pico-rx-80/

This is the one:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055834588

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats the one.

Advertisement