Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising my Audio

Options
  • 07-05-2010 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here's the plan, sorry for the useless pic but I wasnt bothered to go over and scan it:rolleyes:

draft1.jpg

Basically I intend on building a small wooden box to sit on my desk beside my screens to manage all my audio.

The two mics(orange) will be straight pass through, there is no real need to put them on a switch.

The main piece is the three stereo lines(green). I have two outs, Phones and Speakers. I want to be able to toggle what goes where. So I need switches with 3 pairs of poles on one side and connecting a pair at a time. The other side will be connected as one pair. This will be done twice. Each of the resulting lines are to run into a volume control knob then out to their respective connections.

First off, will this all work. I think I'm ok but I'd like a second opinion.

Second, where's the best place to get the parts?
    4 mono jacks(3.5) female
    5 stereo jacks(3.5) female
    2 switches - I dont know how these are labelled/named
    2 dials + accompanying knobs

Would love something like this for the knobs:
    speckproducts-specktone9.jpg

Any input/suggestions as to where to source the stuff appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lethal.

Advertisement