Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 wont work on meteor?

Options
  • 07-05-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have bought an N97 in the last three weeks as a private sale. The phone was locked to the vodafone
    network, they kindly unlocked the phone for me, but the phone still wont work with my meteor
    pay as you go sim. I have also tryed a three sim and o2 sim they both work fine! So thinking it was just my old sim card I got a new up to date sim but this still didnt work. I contacted meteor Customer care and they told me that maybe the phone was not unlocked correctly but to my knowledge this is not possible either the phone is locked or unlocked as the phone does not know what sim is been inserted!!
    Has anybody else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

sweetypie wrote: »
    I have bought an N97 in the last three weeks as a private sale. The phone was locked to the vodafone
    network, they kindly unlocked the phone for me, but the phone still wont work with my meteor
    pay as you go sim. I have also tryed a three sim and o2 sim they both work fine! So thinking it was just my old sim card I got a new up to date sim but this still didnt work. I contacted meteor Customer care and they told me that maybe the phone was not unlocked correctly but to my knowledge this is not possible either the phone is locked or unlocked as the phone does not know what sim is been inserted!!
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    You could try updating to the latest firmware using Nokia software updater? That might fix the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How is it not working?

Are you getting an error message, or no signal? Does the same sim card work in other handsets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

does it say network registration fail? I use meteor on N97 with old firmware when I got it and updated one...was all grand...try going to meteor with the phone..they midnight be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sweetypie

Hi Guys
    Thanks for all the help, But still at a loss the firmware is current,
    downloaded nss the type is correct. Dont know what to do when i put the sim in it does say reg failed!! Any other ideas?

Hi yes i have no signal and getting an error message too!
    The sim card does work in other handsets.

• Advertisement

What version firmware is installed on it now?

*#0000# to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is the phone set to UMTS only, GSM only or dual mode?

The software is 21.0.045 Date 14-01-10 Davy
    How do I know if the phone is on dual mode?

sweetypie wrote: »
    The software is 21.0.045 Date 14-01-10 Davy
    How do I know if the phone is on dual mode?

That is the most upto date software. To check if its in dual mode, go to menu > settings > connectivity > network > and then network mode.

Advertisement