Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Apprentice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shame. He didn't deserve to go first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Right person fired. Poor project manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

God im glad the little fecker is gone. Hes 16 FFS and already acting like a snobby jumped up brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Reese looks silly in a suit!

Poor Jordan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

stepbar wrote: »
    Right person fired. Poor project manager.

But I'll add to that, fair balls for getting there in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Ah he could have been good in the next few weeks! He probably deserved it though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Never ever put yourself up for PM of the first task, if you lose you'll be gone as you've nothing else to fall back on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

What is the story with these kids? They are 16/17, running businesses and TBH sounding like arrogant brats.

I don't begrudge their confidence, but just confused at their seemingly mature attitude to business and their decision to enter the world of business at such a young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,926 ✭✭✭✭Basq

First episode of The Apprentice I've seen in it's entirety and I really enjoyed it!

Jordan was the right one to go first.. he made some genuinely poor decisions but the blame unfortunately would have fell on him anyways as a project manager I suppose. I did think Reese was spot-on in trying to push a more expensive / luxury cheese as the "Cheese Of The Day" as opposed to the cheapest cheese they had.

Reese will definitely be the first to break.. he genuinely looked like he's burst into tears numerous times during the show.

The other lad ("beardy-Mini-Ashton-Kutcher") needs to show some fecking initiative.. the "wind tunnel" excuse was absolutely laughable!

But in saying that - Jordan looked he'd potentially be the most entertaining, so that's actually unfortunate enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Really enjoyed the show. That Wicklow lad was a bit of a di*k in fairness. It doesn't matter what you know about business you have to have people skills at a minimum. He was really arrogant.

That blonde one that was doing all the selling was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,926 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    That blonde one that was doing all the selling was very good.
    Agreed.. and Hibah's reaction at her taking control (and shutting her out) of the situation with the seller was a bit childish.

We should remember these are still teenagers though.. despite the fact they've done more at 16 than I have at 26! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Very entertaining tonight!

My favourite so far would be Tim. I think the right person went tonight.. I didn't like him at all and he did make quite a few mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Had to laugh at Jordan at the end in the taxi saying that there is no reason why he won't be more successful than Sugar in 5 years. Except for a complete lack of leadership and business sense!

Horrific accent too. I'm glad he is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Agreed.. and Hibah's reaction at her taking control (and shutting her out) of the situation with the seller was a bit childish.

I know and as soon as she gets in the boardroom she starts bad mouthing her for no reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rebel105

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    I know and as soon as she gets in the boardroom she starts bad mouthing her for no reason!

Wouldn't blame her to be honest.
    Yes, the blond one was a good seller and yes your one should probably have left her to conclude her own negotiation but that one is as self-centred and fake as your ever gonna come across. did ya see her goin over and hugging her then and asking her was she ok? FAKE!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Feck, missed this , when is this going to be repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Cringe worthy television every time Jordan was on camera.
    He's gonna be bigger than Alan Sugar in five years! :o
    He's gonna come down to earth in the next few years with an almighty bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rebel105

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Feck, missed this , when is this going to be repeated?

It's on BBC3 tonight at 11.45 I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Koloman wrote: »
    Women love cheese he says! Really? I thought it was chocolate that women loved!
    No. Woman like cheese, Woman

Ginny wrote: »
    Never ever put yourself up for PM of the first task, if you lose you'll be gone as you've nothing else to fall back on...
    Well that’s not true. Over the last few seasons Sugar has always given extra credit to the person that has decided to be the PM for the first week as he knows that a lot of peoples’ game plan is to stay schtumm for the first few weeks. The Irish lad went because he made too many mistake.

basquille wrote: »
    I did think Reese was spot-on in trying to push a more expensive / luxury cheese as the "Cheese Of The Day" as opposed to the cheapest cheese they had.
    Yeah, it was a ridiculous decision to go with the cheaper one as people would be willing to buy that anyway. If you’re giving samples it should’ve been one at the mid to higher end cheeses.

He was also quite clever with his reasoning for the location but they messed up by not being ready for the lunch time trade. They let customers leave the stand without talking to them.
    Reese will definitely be the first to break.. he genuinely looked like he's burst into tears numerous times during the show.
    Yeah, he was the constant reminder that they’re just kids. He really did look like he was making his Communion though. :)

It was stupid alright. She obviously had someone on her team that was excellent at selling “on a selling task” so she should’ve just shut her mouth and let her get on with it. That said, the blondie one would be a bit annoying to deal with on your team.

We should remember these are still teenagers though.. despite the fact they've done more at 16 than I have at 26! :eek:
    Yeah it’s mad that they have that amount of confidence so young. It was also nice of Sugar to give the words of encouragement to the Irish lad before he fired him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The boys made an absolute disaster of a decision to go there. Sure there is a lot of business people near by but the employees that are working there know what they want for lunch and know where to get it. They don't have the time to be wandering around wondering what to eat for lunch. The girls location was far superior. It is filled with tourists who have no preconceived ideas of what stalls are good and hence they are easier to shift food on to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Ah the nightmare continues for this country, first the economy, then Theiry Henry, then we lose to Scotland in the rugby, Heineken Cup Semi-final defeats and now first out in the Apprentice, Jaysus there was a time when we always got to the final 5 or 6, not looking good for the Eurovision next week.
    Unfortunately Ryan/Jordan entered the wrong apprentice he would have pissed the TV3 one recently.
    Is it me or are all these kids a bit freakish, 16 ffs and running their own businesses, get a life.
    That Zoe one is a major star in the making though, Prime minister in about 30 years time you read it here first!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

He really did look like he was making his Communion though.

Ha ha ha ha ha - that was funny and true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

I didn't see the full episode but really enjoyed what I saw. I'm normally pretty harsh on anyone who puts themselves on this but suppose this time gotta remember they just kids and to be doing what they are doing is impressive. The blonde girl with short hair seemed good. The girl team leader not so good and bit childish trying to butt into the sale. This comp is going to crush that little dweeb with the cows lick. Little cockney lad was pretty cool. And whose being feeding steroids to the country lad?

Surallen (he'll always be surallen to me) was pretty nice to the Irish kid with the truely awful kid when he was firing him. Surallen = legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Didn't understand the female team leader complaining about not being allowed to butt into the best sellers sale... I know their 16/17 and all but come on, go and get a sale yourself! Can't believe Sugar let her complain about that in the boardroom.

Really enjoyed the show, can't wait for the next few episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

is this for real ??

what a disgusting bunch of snobby little tossers...

And people wonder why the economy is the way it is ??

teaching GREED like this ...
    it's tossers like this that become bankers + end up robbing all the workers money ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

just watched it today,jesus that jordan lad, english tv has an obsession with gay irish people. where did he get that accent!

good show though, the blonde girl who did all the selling was good, the one who started crying needs to grow a pair if thats all it takes to get her crying. the sheep shearing lad looks bout 21!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I haven't watch this but there is only a certain amount of Cringe I can take, and I don't think I could take egotistical teenagers, its bad enough having to watch Adults think they are wonderful. I can imagine some of the interviews on Junior Apprentice.

"I am waiting for the results of my Sandhurst entrance exam. I only did it to show that I could get the exam."

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Anyone watching this tonight? Both teams are a bit of a disaster!

Adam: Have you ever been camping?
    Girl (can't think of her name): No
    Adam: Well I go camping twice a year.

...minutes later, struggling to put up tents...

Girl: I thought you'd be good at this!
    Adam: I SELL camping gear, I've barely ever been camping!
    Girl: You just said you went twice a year!
    Adam: Yeah....twice last year!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's brillant! I feel so sorry for Adam though, he's not doing a good job at all.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Both products are a bit crap, the slide it is a good idea, but its too small for what they're advertising it for.

Advertisement