Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old school

Options
  • 07-05-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

I've being doing some thinking and i've come to the conclusion that i have become over reliant on bi-pods in recent years and i'm sure i was better at taking standing shots when i was 15 and didn't have a whole load fancy gagets like most of us do now.

So i've decided to ditch the harris on the .22lr for the bunny shooting this summer and improve the off hand technique which i've let slide.

Hopefully this won't turn out to be a depressing experience......:D But only time will tell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hezz700 wrote: »
    I've being doing some thinking and i've come to the conclusion that i have become over reliant on bi-pods in recent years and i'm sure i was better at taking standing shots when i was 15 and didn't have a whole load fancy gagets like most of us do now.

So i've decided to ditch the harris on the .22lr for the bunny shooting this summer and improve the off hand technique which i've let slide.

Hopefully this won't turn out to be a depressing experience......:D But only time will tell.

I've been doing the same recently on bunnies. I'm more confident this coming deer season being able to hit bunnies off hand @ 100(some head shots not all)
    I do believe breaking clays is great practice too.
    I can shoot running rabbits prone as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Ya may give up the beer so!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

homerhop wrote: »
    Ya may give up the beer so!

Damn....i was gonna call over with a wheelbarrow load of tinnie.

Damn....i was gonna call over with a wheelbarrow load of tinnie.

I could do with a wheelbarrow ;)

Ah the much sought after wheelbarrow that fell off the back of a trailer ;)

• Advertisement

Ah the much sought after wheelbarrow that fell off the back of a trailer ;)

Saw that happen on the N4 one day to drastic consequences!

I did many years pushing a barrow, thank god they are all behind me!

Ah had some scorolous remarks passed at me about that wheelbarrow the other night Tackleberry, think that barrow load of beer may be part of a how would you say....groveling apology :D

Ah had some scorolous remarks passed at me about that wheelbarrow the other night Tackleberry, think that barrow load of beer may be part of a how would you say....groveling apology :D

No idea, there are too many user names on here to remember them aall, I'm bad with names anyway, never forget a face

Very bad at cryptic stuff too. My brain is not wired that way. i remember facts well, but riddles are lost on me!

So in plain english, or pm me if ya like, What are ya on about?:D

I'll never apoligise to you:D

and just so you know, its not the same barrow just looks alot like it.

No idea, there are too many user names on here to remember them aall, I'm bad with names anyway, never forget a face

Very bad at cryptic stuff too. My brain is not wired that way. i remember facts well, but riddles are lost on me!

So in plain english, or pm me if ya like, What are ya on about?:D

Its me he's digging at.:)

• Advertisement

I'll never apoligise to you:D

and just so you know, its not the same barrow just looks alot like it.

Not an Iota of an idea Hezz

But keep on rockin in the free world!:cool:

Not an Iota of an idea Hezz
    best way to have it.
    But keep on rockin in the free world!:cool:
    Have you been rumaging through my music collection.?:D

Have you been rumaging through my music collection.?:D

When I'm not shooting I'm biking around Ireland on my GT550, not as sexy as my glory days but it does me

I'm an eternal rocker!

Advertisement