Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95

Options
  • 08-05-2010 12:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hello, im thinking of getting a N95 old version, its preowned and comes with all the accessories and a 2gb mc. The guy is going to sell for €100 but im just wondering, is there much problems with the N95 i.e. is it risky buying a preowned one? Is €100 good deal?

Also, to the people who own/owned them, is it a good phone? I dont need it for a major web browsing other than facebook/youtube and stuff like that, and the camera is more needed for video, so is video good? ALso I heard the battery is poor so was thinking of buying a extra stronger battery on ebay, anyone do this?

Also whats the GPS like on this? is it free to use or does it need wifi or what? Like does this phone pick up when you move etc.?

Id like a phone thats not slow, thats responsive and sturdy also. as my current phone is very slow touchscreen.

I was looking at getting a C905 but have heard theyre prone to breaking in the earpiece so might give that a miss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Offer him no more than 70 unless it's mint with the box and cables, make a call on it to make sure there's no buzzing and the call quality is good.
    If it needs a repair when it's out of warranty it could set you back 50 euro or more.

tbh, i'd nearly treat yourself to a new phone if your thinking of going to 100 or more as it could be standing you 180 by the times it's fixed and you get a new battery etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Yeah i was thinking that myself. Ive always got new phones but have never had problems, but dont want it to start now as Ive heard these smart phones can break alot. Any recommendations for a phone around €150? It has to have at least 3.5mp camera and a decent video capability. I might be able to get a C905 for 120€ which ive been told is under warrenty with the manufacture but no recpeit. How would I go about proving its under warrenty if it does break?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've had my N95 8GB for 2 and a half years and never had a problem with it. Camera is great, battery is fine, GPS wasn't great when i first got it but it seems to lock on in a few seconds now. All in all best phone I've ever had. Changing it for a Desire tomorrow though.

Gotta say I wouldn't pay €100 for a phone that old though. Oh and one thing about the video capture I found it was really poor at picking up any loud sound, would become very distorted when you played it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Hey, im thinking of getting a good condition unlocked Nokia N82 with box and all the accessories for €90, but have been offered a good condition N95 8GB black one for €55 without box, only thing is the flash is broken on it. Just wondering what you think is the best choice?

I see the N82 specs is just about the same as the N95 8GB except for Xenon flash. The keypad on the N82 looks horrible and the size of the n95 looks really big, and the slider looks like it could break. Just wondering like can I live without the flash or will it be needed as I tend to record videos more than Pictures.

Anyone used the N82 and N95 8GB? Which is better to you? Also, are those prices good?

cheers

Advertisement