Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackpool v Nottm Forest - Playoff SF 1st Leg

• 08-05-2010 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

dfs_wl_eng_blackpool_fc.gif v Nottingham%20Forest..pngg

Saturday May 8th, Bloomfield Road, Live on SS1 at 12.45pm.

Betting odds: Blackpool 13/10, Draw 11/5, Nottm Forest 11/5

A positive result in the first leg of their play-off semi-final is imperative for Blackpool and Nottingham Forest. With a day out at Wembley and a possible place in the Premier League up for grabs there is no margin for error at this stage of the season.

The Seasiders booked their place in the promotion shake-up on the final day of the season, with six wins in eight outings helping them to pip Swansea to sixth spot. They thoroughly deserve their place in the mix, with Ian Holloway having kept them in the hunt throughout the course of the 2009/10 campaign.

Forest will also be aware that Blackpool were the only side to complete a league double over them during the course of the regular season. The Reds hardly finished their campaign with a flourish, claiming only two wins in seven but, having finished third, they will feel that they are the side to beat in the battle to reach the top flight.

Blackpool team news

Striker DJ Campbell is a serious doubt for Blackpool ahead of Saturday's crunch clash. Campbell was forced off early in the second half during Sunday's 1-1 draw at home to Bristol City and was replaced by Stephen Dobbie. He attempted an overhead kick but landed awkwardly on his arm and sustained soft tissue damage.

Boss Ian Holloway, who named an unchanged side in Sunday's game against the Robins, could now be forced to hand Dobbie a starting role. Striker Stephen McPhee and defender Danny Coid are set to remain sidelined through injury and Hameur Bouazza is still nursing a groin problem. But Holloway has no other major concerns and said: "We know we can score so we're a threat."

Forest team news

Club captain Paul McKenna is hoping to play some part for Nottingham Forest at Bloomfield Road. The influential midfielder has been sidelined since early March after suffering a knee ligament injury against Swansea.

McKenna has resumed full training but remains some way off match fitness and Reds boss Billy Davies is weighing up whether to take a gamble on the former Preston skipper.

Davies will make changes after continuing to give his fringe players match time at Scunthorpe on the final day of the regular season. Lee Camp will replace Paul Smith in goal while Chris Gunter should return at full-back and Dexter Blackstock is expected to start in attack. Chris Cohen, Robert Earnshaw and Radoslaw Majewski are also likely to be recalled.

Seven years awaiting to get back into the Playoffs and i'm really looking forward to this game. My heart says a 1-1 draw, my head says 2-1 to Blackpool. Either way, PARK THE FCUKING BUS BILLY, AND HIT THEM ON THE BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hope Forest get through, I know a sound out Forest supporter.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

baz2009 wrote: »
    Hope Forest get through, I know a sound out Forest supporter.:p
    All the neutrals want Blackpool to win, the Cinderella story of the Championship. Your friend may be sound out but you must also realise that you need to have a few screws loose to support them, i should know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Would love Forest to win and see the likes of Cohen, Morgan, McKenna and Madjewski (if they keep hold of him) in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll be cheering on Blackpool, just because Seamus Coleman(ex Sligo Rovers) is on loan at Blackpool from Everton :).

G'wan the Seasiders!

Archimedes wrote: »
    Would love Forest to win and see the likes of Cohen, Morgan, McKenna and Madjewski (if they keep hold of him) in the PL.
    We finally completed the permanent signing of Majewski on Thursday from Polonia Warsaw. An absolute snip at £1m, considering he's probably the best young player in Poland.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    We finally completed the permanent signing of Majewski on Thursday from Polonia Warsaw. An absolute snip at £1m, considering he's probably the best young player in Poland.

That's great to hear. Cracking little player, will be a long time before I forget that goal earlier this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In two minds here. Current Leeds manager came from Blackpool to us, but then again, I like Forest. Think the bitthat swings it for me is....Ian Holloway. Would love him in the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Hopefully Forest will win this one; would be nice to see them back at Wembley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

C'mon Blackpool. Handiest away trip in the history of the Premiership for Irish fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I guess any fan of Wolves will be hoping Blackpool get promoted, Forest might pose a threat...

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    I guess any fan of Wolves will be hoping Blackpool get promoted, Forest might pose a threat...
    Not to Wolves though, our bogey team. Its 12 years since we last beat you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i love the play offs, always full of drama

16ge82v.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

grenache wrote: »
    All the neutrals want Blackpool to win, the Cinderella story of the Championship. Your friend may be sound out but you must also realise that you need to have a few screws loose to support them, i should know :D

not really

i want forest to win, a team with a big name, big folowling, big stadium

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Granache and I know eachother from way back on Forest forums... I'm so bleeding nervous. Our away from has been disastrous. So my expectations are low.

However we've had a great season as it is. Anything more is a huge bonus...

UUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZ

What a f*n goal. 1-0 Forest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

1-0 Forest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

what a cracker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Good run by coleman.

1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Great game so far, end to end.

Blackpool equalised and within 2 minutes Blackstock inches away from putting Forest back in front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Do away goals count in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Zonda999 wrote: »

no

Headshot wrote: »
    no
    and thank god for that! This away goals rule in europe and league cup is annoying. Great game so far. We're really going forward looking to win.
    what a joke not to book charlie adam there, should have been a red, nevermind a yellow.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    They do but only AET.

Forest had the better of that half and should be ahead. Plenty of pace with Tyson on the right and Coleman is having a tough time with Anderson on the left. Majewski is so so inventive. Coleman did very well for the Blackpool goal though, they got a bit of luck for it! It both of Southern's legs, Camps hand and Wilson leg on the way in! They look dangerous though, still anybody's game.

Oh and Phil Dowd doesn't have the balls to book Charlie Adam. He has carte blanche to get away with any late or dangerous tackle. A joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

If Adam sees yellow he'll try get a second so to miss one game rather than two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

peabutler wrote: »
    If Adam sees yellow he'll try get a second so to miss one game rather than two.

would he not miss 3 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

would he not miss 3 then?

No riddled Fa rules means he'll mis just one, same happened with Terry vs Tottenham, he got his tenth yellow so should have missed 2 but by gettign sent off he only missed one.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

That a boy Coleman! Little terrier that lad is and a good player.

Can't believe he hasn't made the Ireland squad yet and **** like McShane are in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Peno!

All Blackpool now. Should have been 3-1 there.

DJ Campbell was arrested for stabbing someone last week I thought....strange he can play here if hes only out on bail...:confused:

Good player mind.

DB10 wrote: »
    DJ Campbell was arrested for stabbing someone last week I thought....strange he can play here if hes only out on bail...:confused:

Good player mind.
    He should be shot for blasting that one over :pac:

We're really up against it now. Can't afford to concede a 3rd. Hang in there Forest!

Voltwad wrote: »
    He should be shot for blasting that one over :pac:
    Needed a sharper turn...:o

• Advertisement

We're really up against it now. Can't afford to concede a 3rd. Hang in there Forest!

Feel for you lot mate. I'm hoping Blackpool go up, just seem to have grown towards them in recent weeks. Like Holloway,Adams and Coleman.

Forest a big club though, would be nice to see them back in big time. Whoever wins this I hope they go up anyway...:D

Premier League ref? You're having a laugh. Some of the worst decisions i've ever seen. Super Robbie Earnshaw on now along with Dave McGoldrick.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did it finish
    2-1 to Blackpool?

Did it finish
    2-1 to Blackpool?
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

What an absolutely enjoyable game of football. Great honesty and committment shown by both sets of players.

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    Feel for you lot mate. I'm hoping Blackpool go up, just seem to have grown towards them in recent weeks. Like Holloway,Adams and Coleman.

Forest a big club though, would be nice to see them back in big time. Whoever wins this I hope they go up anyway...:D

Cheers mate :) I know what you mean. Cardiff and Fester aren't the most attractive clubs or fan bases. God I hate these play off games. So bloody tense. Roll on Tuesday night!

As predicted Blackpool win by the odd goal in 3. They really came on strong in the second half, Vaughan and Taylor Fletcher started probing and Adam started spraying the ball around the park with his usual class, Forest's Majewski and Anderson dropped deeper leaving Blackstock too isolated up front. Truth be told the game should have been over at half time. Forest could yet regret those first half misses by Tyson and Morgan.

The winning of the the is still very much there for us, i wasn't expecting much with our awful away record since February. We can beat anyone at home - scoring goals wont be a problem either and we haven't conceded in our last 9 home games.

Now keep a lid on it volcano and we'll all be happy :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Tbh I was seething after the final whistle between bad refereeing decisions and Forest's attitude or lack of it in the second half. We were excellent in the first half and after Cohen's goal I thought we were going to push on really put the tie to bed, unfortunatley the season has thought me that we are piss poor away from home as grenache also pointed out. I could go probably right an essay about where I think we went wrong today but that's history now and we need to get them back to city ground and have the crowd singing from start to finish and hopefully the team will capitalize on that great home form :D

What a goal by Chris Cohen. Great little player - would be right at home in the PL.

What a goal by Chris Cohen. Great little player - would be right at home in the PL.
    Forest's version of Darren Fletcher. Every team needs a guy like this, he tracks back, can tackle and scores goals too. No surprise of all the players, he's probably the fans favourite along with Wes Morgan.

*The foul for the penalty aside, i thought our back four was magnificent today. Some crucial tackles and last ditch blocks at times.

Yup, that goal against West Brom earlier in the season (same game as Madjewski's stunner) is one of the my favourite goals I've seen this season. 2006 Argentina-esque :)

Yup, that goal against West Brom earlier in the season (same game as Madjewski's stunner) is one of the my favourite goals I've seen this season. 2006 Argentina-esque :)
    His goal against West Brom was a better all round goal.

On reflection I'm pretty chuffed with the result. We could easily have conceded a couple more goals and it would have been curtains. At least now we know exactly what we have to do and it is within our capabilities. Thats not to we'll do it however. Yoevil anyone? God I hate the play offs :(

Advertisement