Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone recommendation? Sick of Nokia 5530XM!

Options
  • 08-05-2010 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've recently come to the conclusion that my Nokia 5530XM is absolute crap. Everyone else I know (4 people) with the phone are having trouble with it, whether it's the battery, performance, screen, etc.

To me, it's a battery wasting, unresponsive, faulty phone which was more of an impulse purchase than anything. It LOOKED nice and pretty on the ads and the specs seemed appealing. It's just not after living up to the hype I saw and read:)

Here's what I'd like in a new phone:
    • I'd like the phone to have wi-fi with youtube support (not essential), and upgradeable memory.
    • I'd prefer it not to be touchscreen at the moment, sick of them.
    • Meteor preferably
    • PAYG is what I'll be on
    • €100-160

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

This post has been deleted.

Hmm, interesting :D

Anyone else? It's in for repair again... :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Anyone else? It's in for repair again... :|

How many times has it been in for repair, and how serious are the repairs?
    Is it possible you have soem sort of basis for a replacement under the Sale of Goods act?

How many times has it been in for repair, and how serious are the repairs?
    Is it possible you have soem sort of basis for a replacement under the Sale of Goods act?

This is the third time. After three times, the store is obliged to replace the phone. That's what the clerk told me anyway, very nice girl!

I was thinking about the Nokia 6760. Symbian s60v3 too, so I can use an fMSX emulator. The only downside? No Wi-Fi.. Is it really that important?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

No Wi-Fi.. Is it really that important?

phone without wifi these day isnt a phone :D even the sciPhone has wifi :D

• Advertisement

phone without wifi these day isnt a phone :D even the sciPhone has wifi :D

Hahaha, point taken:pac:

There's f*ck all selection out there atm in the mobile market! :eek:

5800 is a very decent phone...had one myself...got wifi gps and the battery doesnt die the same day...its not that laggy either...worth spending the extra quid on it :) i think its around 200 quid on meteor or something. Think its the only decent value for money phone!

5800 is a very decent phone...had one myself...got wifi gps and the battery doesnt die the same day...its not that laggy either...worth spending the extra quid on it :) i think its around 200 quid on meteor or something. Think its the only decent value for money phone!

The 5530 left a bad taste in my mouth, I wouldn't go near Nokia touchphones again :pac:

The 5530 left a bad taste in my mouth, I wouldn't go near Nokia touchphones again :pac:

yeah but u cant think that one nokia phone is rubbish the rest of them are too :) go look at reviews of it and the only things that will be cons is lack oh multi touch and low mp camera :) get the HD2 :D its best :D

yeah but u cant think that one nokia phone is rubbish the rest of them are too :) go look at reviews of it and the only things that will be cons is lack oh multi touch and low mp camera :) get the HD2 :D its best :D

I think it's the symbian s60v5 OS too that I dislike. I don't think I'll be getting a touch phone again, unless I had to :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement