Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool debt

• 08-05-2010 6:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

I'm a United fan but i still think this is a shoite situation to be in; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8668320.stm

Im sure Torres will go over the summer along with Benitez and without European cup money im not so sure what will happen the club (particularly their fabulous youth coaching system, best in England as far as i am concerned)

United are in a similar position so we cant sneer either...

So what do you think lads, will Torres and Gerard leave this summer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've said it for a while now, but the same will happen those big clubs if they drop out of the CL places. Now that it has happened, they are in for a dire time. They'll start losing the best players, European football will become a more distant memory, squad harmony is tough to maintain due to background trouble. Its a decline, and I would not be surprised to see it keep going. I've experienced it with the club I follow, this is strangely similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Isn't there a thread for this somewhere ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

mike65 wrote: »
    Isn't there a thread for this somewhere ;)

There may well be, i dont usually read threads about Liverpool you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Now can some people take a look a realise what the true cause of the problem at our club is when we can't even get a ****ing UEFA licence according to Oliver Kay in The Times today. Wake up and get the heads out of the sand please for goodness sake. RAFA is not the problem.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7120084.ece

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    when we can't even get a ****ing UEFA licence according to Oliver Kay in The Times today

Er read that again the licence has been granted.
    Broughton ran Liverpool’s accounts by League officials before submitting them to Companies House in an effort to ensure that the club would be granted a Uefa licence for the 2010-11 season. His efforts were supported by RBS, which offered a non-binding assurance of cash to the League. The licence has been granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    Now can some people take a look a realise what the true cause of the problem at our club is when we can't even get a ****ing UEFA licence according to Oliver Kay in The Times today. Wake up and get the heads out of the sand please for goodness sake. RAFA is not the problem.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7120084.ece

I agree how can RAFA manage a huge club when the owner/managment of the club dont know how to manage the club or the debt. They cant communicate with each other or the manager. Disaster for liverpool unless they go very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

With all this shít with American and Arab owners my appreciation of Barclona just goes up.

Surely if every Liverpool or United fan put say, €100 into the pot we could buy these leeches out?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

organise 600,000 fans to give up a ton each when most are armchair supporters or broke unemployed die hards? barcelona is a different world to merseyside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

There's already a campaign to do that, has been for over a year now

www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Moyes was right about RaFa overspending so huh :rolleyes:

If I was a Pool fan, I would be pretty pissed off with the squad of players, Everton probably have a better squad than them now, (unbeaten this year, since our players came back., against Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea...).

Players like El Zhar are fine if you want to finish mid table, but for any team of Pools stature its a joke tbh.

anyways, im outta here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If I was a Pool fan, I would be pretty pissed off with the squad of players, Everton probably have a better squad than them now, (unbeaten this year, since our players came back., against Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea...).

Players like El Zhar are fine if you want to finish mid table, but for any team of Pools stature its a joke tbh.

anyways, im outta here.

Not really.

inforadig eh X?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Everton probably have a better squad than them now

Not even close :)

El Zhar had 1 start in the first team, the last game of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

anyways, im outta here.
    Riddle me this Einstein, if Everton have a stronger squad than Liverpool, and we were ****e all year, while you's were brilliant in the second half of the season, how come you's STILL finished behind us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Riddle me this Einstein, if Everton have a stronger squad than Liverpool, and we were ****e all year, while you's were brilliant in the second half of the season, how come you's STILL finished behind us?

our ****eness in the first half was worse then yer ****eness in the first half and second half combined ;):rolleyes:;):rolleyes: ( point being day one, beaten by a cricket score at HOME to Arsenal, the away fixture should have won, but for an injury time goal.)

Everton have a very good squad, easily as good as spurs/ villa etc.

if DM nails on lads on new contracts anything is possible, considering yakubu is as useful as a parked bus this season, our record is even more impressive.

you're squad is easily as good as Spurs? are you smoking crack?

anyways, im outta here.

Suprise suprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you're squad is easily as good as Spurs? are you smoking crack?

i reckon someone was busy in Itchycoo Park :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Why don't RBS just let it go to the wall? How are they ever going to recuperate their debts?

staker wrote: »
    Why don't RBS just let it go to the wall? How are they ever going to recuperate their debts?
    Club is up for sale, in case ya didn't hear :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I just read that now. Hadn't realised it was official

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

license was based on las season's books, the question is will you get a license next year based on this season's books without a new ownership regieme in place?

horrible situation to be fair, not that im overwhelmed with sympathy or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Helix wrote: »
    license was based on las season's books, the question is will you get a license next year based on this season's books without a new ownership regieme in place?

horrible situation to be fair, not that im overwhelmed with sympathy or anything
    I think that's why Rbs gave the 12 month extension it ensures they can fullfill all there fixtures for next year and get there licence

Everton have a very good squad, easily as good as spurs

Ya, and I am going to shag Cheryl Cole tonight.

Ya, and I am going to shag wánk over a picture of Cheryl Cole tonight.

fyp :pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    fyp :pac:

;)

Seriously though, Everton having as good a squad as Spurs? Got to be joking.....

;)

Seriously though, Everton having as good a squad as Spurs? Got to be joking.....

The table doesnt lie.

Spurs have a great squad. I remember thinking that the first game of the season when they beat us. They had Crouch and Pav on the bench, we had Voronin :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

This forum never ceases to amaze me.
    A Thread is started/titled "Liverpools Debt" , within 11 posts it turned into "everton squad conparision thread" .????

Whoever invents the OFF THREAD AUTO BAN software is gonna be a rich man .
    **** I would have just got banned :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement