Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cage Contender on Setanta Sports Ireland tonight

• 08-05-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Cage Contender will have it first showing tonight at 21:30 on Setanta Sports Ireland. This 1 hour show will feature the 3 fights they have chosen from last weekends Cage Contender IV pro card. The other 3 fights will now also be shown in a second show next week.

Please take the time to tune in and get others to tune in. The better the ratings the better chance of getting more shows on and making Irish MMA more mainstream.

We hope you enjoy the show and look forward to your feed back:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Can't wait guys, will let you know what I thought tomorrow.

Can't wait guys, will let you know what I thought tomorrow.
    BTW.... do you know what the 3 fights will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Pity I don't get Setanta Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

If your an eircom broadband customer you can watch setanta sports online for free here http://sports.eircom.net/setanta/ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nice, ill be tuning into this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is this the first time an Irish Promotion has had proper television coverage outside of a documentary piece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pcbefr

Any way of us lads up north getting to watch it?? Any websites for us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Do you know have UPC or Sky up there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

pcbefr wrote: »
    Any way of us lads up north getting to watch it?? Any websites for us?

it's easy, I've just signed up. Ring the number on screen, give them your details and they switch it on. It's a 2 month contract at £10 per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

BTW.... do you know what the 3 fights will be?

I'd like to know that too, is it the last 3 fights?

• Advertisement

_oveless wrote: »
    I'd like to know that too, is it the last 3 fights?

Yes that is correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

"Pen is not a virge ....." :D

How small is the cage btw =/

Good fight. Good commentary.

Is Barry Joe Rogan and Stuart Mike Goldberg? Is Mike Goldberg a rugby commentator too?

What a gentleman Cathal Prendred is.

Slick submission by Damien Rooney

Good show cage guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I missed it due to being at the fights last night. What did people think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

i thought it was a good show , great fights with no little skillage on display, intelligent commentry, holds up well compared to any of the uk events , could have a couple of replays in between rounds next time round maybe , outside of that couldn't have asked for anymore

My hat goes off to all at Cage Contender. 3 great fights. I was very happy with what I saw and can't wait to make the trip up to Dublin for Cage Contender 5.

cagecontender1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭rafther

would love to get a look at this any links to watch/download it?

dont have eircom broadband for free setanta

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

anyone know if this has been archived online with Setanta? had a look in their "UFC" sports section but no joy, just a load of TUF's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

Throw in a few replays and its spot on.#

Hats off to ya Barry, the commentary was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

I missed it due to being at the fights last night. What did people think?
    it was excellent. a very good repesintation of Irish mma,it featured 3 awesome fights and some very tasty commentary ha ha. roll on July :D

Thanks folks I've been cringeing with every text I've got. Apparently I dropped a couple of clangers but it was recorded totally live and we scripted nothing so there was bound to be a couple of things we couldn't quite see well enough to call right.

Hopefully it went off well and by all accounts people enjoyed it. It helps that there was really good fights on the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

It was good on saturday but I'm glad I went on the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Will it be repeated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭cletus

thoroughly enjoyed it, had all the kids from my school watching to, trying to keep the ratings up :D

thought the fights were excellent, commentary was very good too. Given how much Barry Oglesby looks like Baz Rutten, I was hoping to hear him shouyt for a liver shot:D. some turnaround in the first fight. Very slick armbar in the third.

On a related note, does anybody here know if Rob Quinn is from Portlaoise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Fromvert wrote: »
    Will it be repeated?

Had a look through the listings and couldnt see it. I missed it myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

On a related note, does anybody here know if Rob Quinn is from Portlaoise?[/QUOTE]
    he is indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Anyone know what happened to this weeks show - it's not coming up on Setanta's listing (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!) was looking forward to seeing it as well.....:confused:

LavaLamp wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened to this weeks show - it's not coming up on Setanta's listing (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!) was looking forward to seeing it as well.....:confused:

There was a short production delay. They now have the footage and will give us a TX date on Tuesday. They have also agreed to re-show the first show, with the replays and stuff that people have been asking for.

You can now watch Cage Contender online in the video section of www.fight.ie we have Cage Contender 2 on there and will be adding the rest over the next few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

fightie wrote: »
    You can now watch Cage Contender online in the video section of www.fight.ie we have Cage Contender 2 on there and will be adding the rest over the next few days

Ecellent news for those of us without Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

fightie wrote: »
    There was a short production delay. They now have the footage and will give us a TX date on Tuesday. They have also agreed to re-show the first show, with the replays and stuff that people have been asking for.

Awesome!! Will be great to have some replays as well - nice work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 seansul

watched on setanta,and just before end of 1st round begley has price in a choke,and price lifts hand of begleys left leg and taps the right....he taps out..look and see if iam right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

Are you actually for real!:mad: theirs not a hope that i taped he didn't even have a secure guillotine in I certainly would not tap to a weak submission hold like that iv e been in way worse situations! ill leave it at that and let everyone else prove you wrong aswell bro there was thousands that watched that fight now and not one has seen that hmmmmmmm let me see because it didnt happen if i taped id admit it and give all the credit to begly.

Also i havent examined that stupid claim closley yet but I do remember after the bell went i taped once for him to let me go he mightn't of heard the bell which does happen and for a friendly/sportsman like jester i gave him a tap to conclude the round which was already over! that is very very clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Magic M wrote: »
    Are you actually for real!:mad: theirs not a hope that i taped he didn't even have a secure guillotine in I certainly would not tap to a weak submission hold like that iv e been in way worse situations! ill leave it at that and let everyone else prove you wrong aswell bro there was thousands that watched that fight now and not one has seen that hmmmmmmm let me see because it didnt happen if i taped id admit it and give all the credit to begly.

Also i havent examined that stupid claim closley yet but I do remember after the bell went i taped once for him to let me go he mightn't of heard the bell which does happen and for a friendly/sportsman like jester i gave him a tap to conclude the round which was already over! that is very very clear.

you even post in a kilkenny accent :)

I've had a look at the first round earlier this evening again, at the 10 second mark of round 1. (DVR's are the best invention in the world)

With about 15 seconds left in the round this is what happens:-

Barry is talking about Begley defending a takedown, whilst Begley seems to be trying a standing arm in guillotine whilst sprawling back against the cage. Just before the 10 second clapper Myles takes his left hand off the inside of Begleys left leg and taps the outside of Begleys right leg (at the knee) twice. At the exact same moment Begley releases the hold and fishes for an underhook with his right hand.

Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything and only Myles will truely know the answer, but I've looked at this about 25 times, I even put my glasses on, it looks like Myles tapped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kk storm

seansul wrote: »
    watched on setanta,and just before end of 1st round begley has price in a choke,and price lifts hand of begleys left leg and taps the right....he taps out..look and see if iam right.

watch it again 2sec before the fight is stopped by the ref "THATS A TAP OUT"

Paul Cummins

Easy answer-

Martin Begley has been around long enough to know not to let go until the referee seperates you. If he thought Myles was tapping, he would have pulled harder.

Easy answer-

Martin Begley has been around long enough to know not to let go until the referee seperates you. If he thought Myles was tapping, he would have pulled harder.

I understand what you are saying 100% Barry, but to be honest from looking at the dvd, it seems as if he didn't notice the alleged tap, just as it happened he switched from the guillotine to fish for an underhook with his right arm. I put in the DVD last night just out of interest after reading "seansuls" post and Myle's reply to it yesterday. Theres definitely something, I blame the commentators ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement