Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mango cutter

Options
  • 08-05-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Always have problems trying to open up a mango ! Anyone know what shops I can buy a mango cutter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

The simplest way to cut a mango is to cut about 1 inch to the side of the centre point - that way you should miss the stone.

Then take the portion of mango and slice down to just above the skin lengthways and then crossways. So that you have a sort of X's & O's pattern. Put your thumbs on either side of the edge of the portion and press upwards from underneath on the skin and flip the mango piece inside out. Then cut the cubes off.

Sounds more complicated than it actually is & you get nice equal portions if you cut it right.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

i've bought 4 mangos ! il try it out and if it doesn't work the other 3 are waiting for the cutter ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

The cutters are great but you still need to cut them into cubes as eoineo said.I got mine from a farmers market.

Advertisement