Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to still apply as a mature student?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

Put simply my girlfriend is a mature student and accidently missed the application deadline for courses through the cao. She is interested in the biological science field,can she apply directly for courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

She could chance her arm and try contacting the colleges/universities direct but the deadline for mature students was over 3 months ago and most of the people who were given interviews have already done them or are imminently awaiting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If its a course that doesn't have a high demand for places then she may be lucky to get somewhere.

Contact the admissions office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Apologies if this doesnt apply but if science matures need to take the MSAP exam then shes already missed it and will have to wait til next year.

In saying that however i dont think they do but just be sure because i know if you have to take it and miss it, the door is firmly shut for that year.

Advertisement