Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some snow predicted for next week

• 08-05-2010 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭

Martin King this morning saying we shouldn't be surprised if we wake up on Wednesday next and to see snow on the mountains.

What a horrible sight if we do.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

What an amazing Winter we are having, it isn't over yet !!!!! But I don't see how a little snow on the mountain would be a horrible sight, quite the opposite in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

What an amazing Winter we are having, it isn't over yet !!!!! But I don't see how a little snow on the mountain would be a horrible sight, quite the opposite in my opinion.

We had lots of snow here last winter, sick of the stuff, seeing it on mountains again means the weather isn't that warm.

I would much prefer warm - low to mid 20's and thunderstorms, it would be great growthy weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

It's was -2c here this morning at 6am!! Its still only 10c rose fast and Now stopped... I wouldn't mind one more last try but itwould have to be a footagain to last long like the last time... Actually only left a week and half ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Jean Byrne was on the radio this morning and she said there is a high risk of snow next week on high ground in North Kilkenny;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

lol exactly, I love the sight of snow on the mountains , Its been bloody cold for the last few weeks ,so if its gona be cold there might aswell be something nice to look at with it.
    There was frost and ice this morning here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

By the way is there any snow left on the Wicklow mountains?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

There was some (well a small patch) still there last Sunday around the Wicklow Gap. Took a pic. Somebody else said there are still a couple of patches on Lug.

018.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Jean Byrne was on the radio this morning and she said there is a high risk of snow next week on high ground in North Kilkenny;)

haha I better be prepared.....more likely a fall of volcanic ash. Noticed some dust today which was probably a touch of Iceland on my car.

I can see the Wicklow mountains and from my distance away there appears to be no snow.
    Need some of the people nearer to confirm this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

From the top of Kippure there are several snow patchs on varies mountains facing into wicklow, I havent a clue what the names of them are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Jean never mentioned any snow in the RTE weather just now.

A bit on the mountains is nice, but I don't expect to see any here tbh.

• Advertisement

Well for Tuesday we are forecasted 3-4c with rain which will be higher up with a bit of luck we will get snow here anyway

But but but but but! :eek:

Next week is Mid May ! What about summer? :(

is it so much to ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

But but but but but! :eek:

Next week is Mid May ! What about summer? :(

is it so much to ask!

Well summer doesn't officially start untill June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

I thought the past few evenings were too "cold" for May.

its going to be 6c tomorrow!! We are ment to get -4/5c here on thursday night.. i bet ye its downgraded it would be nice to get that in may!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭pauldry

Finally wer talking about snow again. Its been....what...2 days?

It would not be strange to see snow on the mountains midweek. Single low level temperatures promised with some rain.

This year in summary. Cold and fairly dry...bar the snow.

Summer might surprise us all and be roasting. Then again.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

A nasty week of chill is due for much of western and central Europe

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

redsunset wrote: »
    A nasty week of chill is due for much of western and central Europe

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp

This sucks. I'm just back from a week in Cyprus. High 20's. Lovely. Drove the cold and damp from the bones:). Looks like the shorts are going back in the attic. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Min wrote: »
    We had lots of snow here last winter, sick of the stuff, seeing it on mountains again means the weather isn't that warm.

I would much prefer warm - low to mid 20's and thunderstorms, it would be great growthy weather.

Nothing is growing is it?

OK for the voyeurs, but for we who live a life where growing is vital, not good in any way.

Longing for warmth and sun....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I climbed over a farmers gate this morning at 6am and there was a nice coating of frost ice on it (in Offaly)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Not quite snow, but I was cycling over Djouce outside Enniskerry yesterday and got caught in a hail shower. Not nice.

Well, we had hail yesterday with a max of 7c and this morning it was sleeting here at 2c and my mother said it was snowing heavy up top really heavy for about 1 hour and it was starting to lie, but then it stopped and the temperature rose if it had've sleeted for another hour it would've turned to snow as it was sleety snow when i left, we have had a max of 6.4c so far!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

bit late but i was up walking in the Sally Gap last weekend and I thought there was a sprinkling of snow on the peaks. I just passed it off as my imagination despite a northerly wind cutting through me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There was ice on the outside water dishes this morning; quite thick. Cold wind now.

Advertisement