Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Networks Letter Alleging Attempted Interference with Power Supply

Options
  • 08-05-2010 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I understand that following recent meter upgrades in parts of Dublin, ESB Networks have sent out a large number of letters to customers accusing them of attempted inteference with the electricity supply. If you have received such a letter please would you pm me rather than discuss here. This may result in a legal action against ESB Networks or named signatories so please do not attempt to discuss it here. Regards.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Are these their so called smart meters????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

windsurfer99ie, boards.ie really doesn't exist for you to seek legal advice in the manner which you appear to be seeking

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Are these their so called smart meters????

All digital meters have a tamper sensor built in to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be seeking ... like-minded souls? Why else would you not want it discussed here?
    Or is it that you don't want ESB personnel reading the strategy of the falsely accused? (I ask this legitimately, not in a sarcastic manner)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I would be interested to see this letter in question.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thanks for the tamper clarification but are all digital meters 'smart meters' or are there dumb digital meters and smart digital meters out there???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't it have to be published or otherwise communicated to someone other than the person in question to be defamatory? If it is a letter addressed to the person in question, can it be defamation?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Generally, defamation requires that the false claim be communicated to persons other than the person in question - see here.

Please do not print the contents of these private communications anywhere on Boards.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement