Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hairdresser in Sligo Town

Options
  • 08-05-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I am going to a wedding in Castle Dargan next weekend (and staying there too). I really want to get my hair cut before the wedding. So i'm looking for a good hairdresser in Sligo town (or somewhere close to Castle Dargan). Will just be getting a cut and blow dry, but want to get quite a bit off, so want someone who will listen to what I want. Price not really an issue, not being from the area, haven't a clue where to start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

if you can get an appointment then http://www.salon2hairdressing.ie/
    should see you lookin your best on the big day.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I'd second Salon 2. Emma is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

The last four times that I've gone to Naturelles, I haven't asked for any particular stylist, but have still gotten the same girl. She is sooo good, a lovely pleasant girl who does my hair just exactly how I wanted her to do it, except better!

I had to go in today and ask them to dig through the old appointment books to find this girl, because I never actually found out her name. :o

Anyways. It turns out her name is Elaine, and I'm booked in with her for next week, and will be going to her in future. Seriously, I'm a bit of a slut when it comes to hair stylists, but this girl is really, really good. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

And, you know something ... I've been to Salon 2 a couple of times, but I would be in no rush to recommend them. In fact, having tried pretty much all of the hairdressers in Sligo over the years, the only places I'd recommend are Redz (make sure you get the owner, the guy with the red hair!) or Naturelles (as I said, Elaine, or pretty much anyone else in there, they're all excellent!)

You won't get a "bad" job done in Salon 2, I don't think ... but I doubt it'll be anything special either.

Salon 2 has one an absolute tonne of awards though.. I don't think they just hand them out for sh*ts and giggles..

http://www.salon2hairdressing.ie/index.php?show=pages&id=20

Nice professional website also. I wasn't able to locate one for Naturelles though but if you could link me to one that would be nice to compare the two! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Lornen wrote: »
    Salon 2 has one an absolute tonne of awards though.. I don't think they just hand them out for sh*ts and giggles..

Oh absolutely, I'm well aware that they're known around Sligo for that! It's just that, in my own experience, I went there a few times, because of the name and the awards and that and ... well, they were grand. I have nothing bad to say about them, really, but they weren't all that great either. Just my own experience!
    Lornen wrote: »
    Nice professional website also. I wasn't able to locate one for Naturelles though but if you could link me to one that would be nice to compare the two! :)

Sorry, I've never seen a website for Naturelles, I don't even know if they have one! I don't know, I've just been trying out all the hairdresses in Sligo ... I've never been disappointed with Naturelles.

One thing that I love about Naturelles - a couple of times over the years, with different stylists, I'd have gone to them on a Saturday or whatever, when I was planning on heading out that night. And the stylist offered to do my hair in an up-do for the night, for free! I've never had that anywhere else. It only took them a couple of minutes to do it, but it looked absolutely class.

For the record, I do not work for Naturelles, nor do I have any sort of affiliation or loyalty to them! :o But, not only have I never been disappointed by them ... they have actually impressed me and made me really happy every single time I've been there.

• Advertisement

Well that's good that you have yet to be disappointed by them! I think the most important thing is to leave satisfied. I've never been to Naturelles as it looked like somewhere people a tad older than me would go, not being ageist or anything as Salon 2 has it's hoard of grannies! But I always just felt out of place just walking past! It does seem quite fitting with Simone's just beside it for a wedding do though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I ended up going to Salon 2 and got Natasha, she did a brilliant job, listened to exactly what I wanted and did just that. She was really quick as well (I hate when hairdressers take ages!) It wasn't cheap, but think it was worth the money as I did get a total restyle. I got tonnes of compliments at the wedding, even the bride said it to me several times :D.

ncmc wrote: »
    I ended up going to Salon 2 and got Natasha, she did a brilliant job, listened to exactly what I wanted and did just that. She was really quick as well (I hate when hairdressers take ages!) It wasn't cheap, but think it was worth the money as I did get a total restyle. I got tonnes of compliments at the wedding, even the bride said it to me several times :D.
    I'm really glad you loved your hair! Although it was a bit on the pricey side, atleast you will have the pictures to look back on and you looking really well is priceless surely! :)
    A bad hair day can put a damper on even the biggest of days and it's great knowing you escaped one of those moments! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yazzi050

anyone know a cheap place get your hair cut in sligo town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

yazzi050 wrote: »
    anyone know a cheap place get your hair cut in sligo town?

Male or female? Blades does have deals on, but I've not heard good reports on the service there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I went to Finuala's today and got a dry cut for 12 euro. I'm really pleased with it. I have long thick hair and they did a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I like coras in tobergal lane good price nice people and they actually cut your hair the way you ask them too :)

Advertisement