Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands weather Vs Volcano,

Options
  • 08-05-2010 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

Is this Volcano in Iceland making it windy? When it is dull and overcast the wind seems to drop and change direction. I find shooting these last few weeks too windy in a small calibre to go for much medium range varminting. (+200yards)
    http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

Normally Ireland if it is sunny it is not windy. Or am I imagining things?
    Anybody think it is a great day for shooting, only to go out the door and get a blast of NE wind? We should be happy to see the Sun, Yes??

The weather stations on the roads say it's not that windy, but the images relating to the beaufort scale would say it is windier.

http://www.mountwashington.org/education/center/arcade/wind/beaufort.html

Discuss, 1500 words or less :D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Its always windy. Wait, i live on a hill.
    It is windy. I was in the jeep and i was sticking to the seats only to get out and its chilly with that wind. Weather it has anything to do with the Volcano, i dont know, and havnt really noticed any real difference.
    I think your stressing yourself out Tack:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Its always windy. Wait, i live on a hill.
    It is windy. I was in the jeep and i was sticking to the seats only to get out and its chilly with that wind. Weather it has anything to do with the Volcano, i dont know, and havnt really noticed any real difference.
    I think your stressing yourself out Tack:D:D

I have so limited time these days with exams looming, listening to a recorded lecture from last Nov as we speak.

Last year I had on average 36 hours a week to go shooting, now I only have an hour a day or so, but I think it is very windy.Strong North easterly not slight south westerly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i was cycling down in cork today ,from midelton back up to youghal the wind was savage ,lovely day other than that .

its not going to do a hole lot for the tourism trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Maybe you could use range and learn to judge the wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Maybe you could use range and learn to judge the wind?

Beat me to it. :) Brilliant opportunity, in my opinion, and what I'd be doing if I'd less exams and more ammo.

• Advertisement

Beat me to it. :) Brilliant opportunity, in my opinion, and what I'd be doing if I'd less exams and more ammo.

I went out and shot 4 rabbits this eve when the wind calmed down. Dawn will be good as there is to be a touch of frost.

But like you IWM I have 4 exams starting this day week.

I've plenty of ammo, just enough time for 4-5 bunnies in the evening to unwind.

Some may be on the rock and roll but I did on adverage I work 42 hours a week and spend ~10-15 studying.

Hard to get time to Shoot but I MAKE time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I went out and shot 4 rabbits this eve when the wind calmed down. Dawn will be good as there is to be a touch of frost.

But like you IWM I have 4 exams starting this day week.

I've plenty of ammo, just enough time for 4-5 bunnies in the evening to unwind.

Some may be on the rock and roll but I did on adverage I work 42 hours a week and spend ~10-15 studying.

Hard to get time to Shoot but I MAKE time :D

I'm finished on friday and hope to collect some ammo I ordered on friday afternoon, as well as getting to shoot some clays. Hopefully get out then either saturday or sunday and zero up and do some target shooting, push it out a bit.

I'm finished on friday and hope to collect some ammo I ordered on friday afternoon, as well as getting to shoot some clays. Hopefully get out then either saturday or sunday and zero up and do some target shooting, push it out a bit.

I'm free after the 29th. Bunnies were out this evening at all ranges. I shot my last @ 9:30 just as light was fading, Lord I love long evenings!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Is this Volcano in Iceland making it windy?

Don't know about windy, but i've a pain in my ringer washing the bloody jeep and cars. Its leaving a fine layer of cement like dust on everything.

It also applies when shooting on the range. I know with the dry weather you will get dust, but with the type of dust and the strong persistant winds a person would be well advised to make sure any firearm being used or taken out is well and truly cleaned down before being stored away.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Don't know about windy, but i've a pain in my ringer washing the bloody jeep and cars. Its leaving a fine layer of cement like dust on everything.

It also applies when shooting on the range. I know with the dry weather you will get dust, but with the type of dust and the strong persistant winds a person would be well advised to make sure any firearm being used or taken out is well and truly cleaned down before being stored away.

Last time I washed the car was last July for a wedding! That would probably freek you out!

The Mrs wants me to wash it, I tell her she can if she likes :D:D

I have not got the free time, Roll on June!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Last time I washed the car was last July for a wedding! That would probably freek you out!
    !!

:eek::eek::mad::eek::mad:

Seriously.

I don't know where to start there.................:confused:

If i don't wash mine at least 3 times a week it bothers me.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    :eek::eek::mad::eek::mad:

Seriously.

I don't know where to start there.................:confused:

If i don't wash mine at least 3 times a week it bothers me.

Oh lord jaysus. You'd have some laugh if you saw the last one I had. I was told it smelled like a girls toilet with the smell combo of blood and bleach ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Was grand and sunny and a wind of force 2 gusting to 3.Nothing that unusual weatherwise for this time of the year around my neck of the wood.:confused:.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Was grand and sunny and a wind of force 2 gusting to 3.Nothing that unusual weatherwise for this time of the year around my neck of the wood.:confused:.

Well not weather for spraying for weeds or fertilizer here. Or riding the motorbike, she was all over the road.

Wind died down later, and the bunnies came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Was a good day for cutting, splitting and hauling in 2 cords of wood for Winter down here.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Was a good day for cutting, splitting and hauling in 2 cords of wood for Winter down here.:)

Manly stuff lol
    My point is are those NRA yokies accurate it seemed winier than 5mph here today, tree branches were swaying several inches almost feet at its worst, then it turned lovely though

Advertisement