Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User - Boards.ie

Options
  • 08-05-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

What's the story with that account? Is it operated by a staff member or an 'Automated Notification' bot like it says on the profile?

I'm just curious is all, noticed that it thanked a couple of posts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Apparently it thanks the Post of the Day! (Just found that out yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ah ok! I guess that makes about as much sense as the amount questions it raises =p

Is it there for any reason in particular? I mean, as a nod of approval to posts by Boards, or as a way to make it easier for people to find past PsOTD? I'm not trying to be a pain in the arse about it, it's just purely out of curiosity :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

From what I've been told, the account thanks the post of the day once it changes to a new post. You can then look at the account's profile to see what posts it has thanks, all of which will have been post of the day at one stage. A lot of people in the past have asked for an archive of sorts for the past posts of the day, and I presume this was done as an easy workaround solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Zaph wrote: »
    From what I've been told, the account thanks the post of the day once it changes to a new post. You can then look at the account's profile to see what posts it has thanks, all of which will have been post of the day at one stage. A lot of people in the past have asked for an archive of sorts for the past posts of the day, and I presume this was done as an easy workaround solution.

Grand so.. it's a nice idea. Always thought an archive of PsOTD would be cool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

That account is entirely automated. It gets used for things like ban lift PMs, notifications and (since recently) thanking the post of the day as a quick hack to keep a record.

• Advertisement
Advertisement