Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microphone problems

• 08-05-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi all i have an asrock k10n78 motherboard and i am running win xp professional. I am having difficulty setting up the headset and microphone on windows no sound through headset or will not record sound. I have tried to connect the headset to the ports to the front and rear of the computer. Have tried to fix this for last 3 hours but no joy. Please Help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Have you tried all the usual issues?
    Make sure volume is turned up high in all options under Volume control panel.
    Test the headset on a different PC
    Make sure onboard sound is slected as primary sound driver (Control Panel -- Sounds and Audio Devices)

EDIT: Might be worth having a look at the soltions here as well. The audio codec seems to be tailored toward Vista and there seem to be a few issues relating to running XP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Yeah have been trying all of the above. tested the headset on a friends laptop and works perfectly. have been going through the various sound options and then trying to test in sound recorder but its not picking up anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

do you have skype installed? i had trouble getting skype to pick up my microphone but i logged in and went to the options, and kept changing the microphone settings until it heard the mic. try that and see if it works

Hi Whiteman
    Just went looking throught the options in skype and the onboard realtek sound is the only option available and still no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

have you got the drivers that came with the motherboard? if so install those, do not use generic drivers, motherboard manufacturers seem to tailor these drivers for each board. if not, try downloading the current xp drivers from the manufacturers website. There might be another piece of software required to get your ports working properly. i have encountered this before and resolved it by using the supplied drivers/software and not using microsoft/generic ones

• Advertisement

docmol wrote: »
    have you got the drivers that came with the motherboard? if so install those, do not use generic drivers, motherboard manufacturers seem to tailor these drivers for each board. if not, try downloading the current xp drivers from the manufacturers website. There might be another piece of software required to get your ports working properly. i have encountered this before and resolved it by using the supplied drivers/software and not using microsoft/generic ones

Hi Docmol. They have all been installed and detects when the jack has been placed into the port but other than that it is dead no sign of lifeat all. I have two manager running the realtek and the windows one have been tinkering with both but no joy. The sound does no even play through the headphones even

Whats showing up in the device manager?

I just tried to download the correct drivers from asrock website and they have a mistake on their site. What they have linked as audio drivers are power management drivers for the chipset. I think I would mail their tech support and ask them to send you the correct driver/software.

All the drivers are coming up fine. i have attached a printscreen of the relevant section in device manager

Might be worth unistalling the current drivers and using the HD Audio drivers for XP from Realtek.

• Advertisement

ok, drivers seem ok but is there more software on the cd? Sometimes there is a sound management api, something that shows up in the systray. You might have to dig around the supplied cds until you find it. If you still have no joy maybe try the generic drivers in the above post.
    PS The sound output device isn't set to hdmi audio is it....

Just got it working thanks for all your help:D

So what solved it in the end?

I uninstalled the current driver for the latest realtek drivers and worked a treat. Once again thanks to all for you help

Advertisement