Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Err, is this full Bluray / HD experience?

• 08-05-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a PS3. I have a HDMI cable I bought in Game that cost about €12.99 for it. I have a Bluray disc. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 2032MW LCD TV/Monitor.

Am I getting true HD or whatever with this setup? Am I missing something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Go into your settings on the PS3 to make sure it's outputting 1080p over the HDMI, if it is then you seem to have everything in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Random wrote: »
    Am I getting true HD or whatever with this setup? Am I missing something?

Nothing other than 30 lines on the display, but with most blu-rays being 2.35:1 it should just cut the black bars top and bottom by 15.

Resolution 1680 x 1050

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You're only getting 720 horizontal lines as you need a 1080 monitor for the PS3 to send 1080 lines natively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Will have to have a look in the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Unfortunately, your monitor isn't Full HD capable. The resolution for Full HD is 1920x1080, but the monitor you have is only 1680 x 1050 as nerid said. This means that if you should set it to 1080i in the PS3 settings. Other than that, everything is able to do full HD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement