Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats this?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what this is?
    th_DSC00973.jpg th_DSC00971.jpg

I found it in my dogs dish in the kitchen.

What should I do with it? Its currently in an old sweet box.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's a Viviparous/Common lizard - Ireland's only lizard iirc. Just let it go outside of where you reckon it most likely got in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Thanks, I never knew Ireland had a lizard.
    I'm glad its not someone escaped pet.
    I will let it go so, do they like water? I have an overgrown pond in the back garden maybe it lives there.

Only land reptile we have. Let it go on a rock or stony ground in a safe and sunny place is probably the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

tricky D wrote: »
    It's a Viviparous/Common lizard - Ireland's only lizard iirc. .

Was just about to ask OP where he/she lived!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

tricky D wrote: »
    It's a Viviparous/Common lizard - Ireland's only lizard iirc. Just let it go outside of where you reckon it most likely got in.
    hmmmmm the markings dont look the same ,

• Advertisement

Differently scaled head and thin stripe on top and thicker ones down each side is a female.

http://www.lehart.org/ident_photos/male (left) and female viviparouslizards.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I knew Ireland had lizards but never seen any. That's cool that you have them around though, I'd love to see them in my garden! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I let it go, stayed on the rock for a while, was gone when i came back.
    Its lucky I found it and not the Dog!
    morganafay wrote: »
    I knew Ireland had lizards but never seen any. That's cool that you have them around though, I'd love to see them in my garden! :)
    The girls were not happy to find out Ireland has lizards. Less happy about them in living the garden and even less happy about one in the house! :)

I think its cool must keep an eye out and see if I see any more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

I never knew we had lizards here! Cool! :)

Advertisement