Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bait Digger C & C

• 08-05-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I tried hard to capture a good photograph of the bait diggers followed by my best attempt at image processing.
    I'd appreciate any comments and critic on the image.
    Thanks, Philip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Nice picture, can't find much wrong with it 'cept maybe lower the red a bit.

btw what the hell is a bait digger?
    Something to do with Fishing at a guess?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I like it. It's nicely composed and captures the back breaking digging very well. I'd agree with AR on the red though - it needs toning down a bit. The glove jumps out at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

There is a "glow/halo" from the bucket, but could also be my screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

btw what the hell is a bait digger?
    Something to do with Fishing at a guess?

I had to goggle that myself:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bait+digging+wiki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

lol Kin :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭PhinglasPhil

Thanks for advice - very much appreciated.

As regards the title - Bait Digger - these guys search for ragworm and lugworm which is then sold as bait to fishermen (rod and line).
    Philip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

I tried hard to capture a good photograph of the bait diggers followed by my best attempt at image processing.
    I'd appreciate any comments and critic on the image.
    Thanks, Philip.

What camera, lens and settings did you use?

I use a Nikon D300. The lens is a Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 ATX Pro. (Quite a sharp lens incidentally.)
    The settings were f22 @ 1/2 sec. Iso 200. Tripod.
    (Welly boots essential.)

And yes, I did ask the guy to hold still for me while I took a few shots!!

Philip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Monietooth

I like it. If i was being just a bit critical i'd like to see a bit of water at the bottom under the pile of stuff he's dug up.

Having watched these guys a bit before they tend to dig in a little circle, right? I think if the patch he was digging was framed a bit by the mirror-like water at the bottom it would really look great.

Other than that, it's a fantastic shot!

• Advertisement

Monietooth wrote: »
    I like it. If i was being just a bit critical i'd like to see a bit of water at the bottom under the pile of stuff he's dug up.

Having watched these guys a bit before they tend to dig in a little circle, right? I think if the patch he was digging was framed a bit by the mirror-like water at the bottom it would really look great.

Other than that, it's a fantastic shot!

Yes, I agree with you Monietooth - the framing of the shot would be improved by the addition of some water at the base. However, the shot wasn't cropped therefore I'll need to return to Dollymount sometime again to re-shoot. (Highly recommended - particularly for images of the wooden bridge. I'm not good enough to 'nail' the difficult exposures involved but I'm sure some of you guys 'n gals can!)

Thanks to you all for your most helpful support.

Philip

Advertisement