Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clontarf - Where do you collect undelivered parcels?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 5:54pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at getting at an Amazon delivery to Clontarf but I doubt I'd be home when it comes, so I'd have to pick it up from the relevant depot. Does anyone know where that would be and when it'd be open?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

If the driver fails delivery, he/she will drop a slip in your door, with the details of where to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

if they cant deliver it when your not home they leave a notice in your letter box explaining where to collect it and the opening times of when its open there is a depot here in marino which is where i collect undeliverd items they could serve clontarf aswell but they will defo pop a notice in your letter box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Off Phillipsburgh Avenue, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

Abrasax wrote: »
    Off Phillipsburgh Avenue, innit?

thats the one yea

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cheers. It looks a bit of a pain to get to. I dunno how you're meant to pick up your parcel if they're only open Monday - Friday, during the same times when you're not at home to receive the parcel from the normal post anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ixoy wrote: »
    I was looking at getting at an Amazon delivery to Clontarf but I doubt I'd be home when it comes, so I'd have to pick it up from the relevant depot. Does anyone know where that would be and when it'd be open?

From all too many personal experiences from An Post in Clontarf, in general they'll make absolutely no attempt to deliver any parcel, just stick the note in the door and nothing else. The odd rare exception to this, is that they'll sometimes just put smaller Amazon parcels through a letter box as part of the normal post deliver. Other than that it's off to Philipsburgh avenue as already mentioned.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Spear wrote: »
    From all too many personal experiences from An Post in Clontarf, in general they'll make absolutely no attempt to deliver any parcel, just stick the note in the door and nothing else. The odd rare exception to this, is that they'll sometimes just put smaller Amazon parcels through a letter box as part of the normal post deliver. Other than that it's off to Philipsburgh avenue as already mentioned.
    It seems that happens in a number of areas! Do you know what hours that sorting depot keeps off hand? I can't find anything on the An Post website other than for the regular An Post office there, which I assume keeps different hours to the sorting office.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It seems that happens in a number of areas! Do you know what hours that sorting depot keeps off hand? I can't find anything on the An Post website other than for the regular An Post office there, which I assume keeps different hours to the sorting office.

They'll be on the delivery attempt note, something like 0730 till 1700 off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Do you know what hours that sorting depot keeps off hand? I can't find anything on the An Post website other than for the regular An Post office there, which I assume keeps different hours to the sorting office.

Mine (Clonshaugh) opens around 6.30am and closes around 3pm. Officially they don't open on Saturdays or Sundays but if you call round, they might be hiding inside and help you.

Advertisement