Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCBO-MCB-RCD

Options
  • 08-05-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm getting all the stuff together for me sparky to build up boards, I have a workshop and house, with 3ph, I'll bring the 3ph to the house and split it, now, he is looking to do the majority of the board for the house in RCBO's (single pole), is this an overkill, I've done work with him before and he is very thorough but I'm wondering am I spending over what I need to, and I don't have much left, he is also recomending I do the house in NYMJ, it's all timber and he reckons it's just a bit of insurance.
    What are your opinions lads, the house wiring is nothing special, no major or unusual loads.
    Spannerman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

the rcbos is good but pvc/pvc is adequate for domestic unless you're talking about surface timber

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

M cebee advice spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

instead of rcbos would you consider 3 rcds and divide the socket circuits equally across the 3 to balance the phases. I can see the advantages of the rcbos aswell tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Yeah, I think one of the issues was saving board space and ease (cost) of installing, so it's six of one and half dozen of the other, there will be a lot of exposed timber so NYMJ on lower circuits won't add that much, suspended timber floor with acess.

Advertisement