Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Origins problems

Options
  • 08-05-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

i just got the game like 3 days ago i have the awakening pack too so i start the game i play for like well 5-6 hours :D and the all of the sudden the game crashes :eek: it says "dragon age: origins have stoped working" well at first i wasnt bothered cause it was 3:58am i though its fine it crashed right after the autosave so the next morning i play again crashed... :mad: now im anoyed so i relaunch the game and no mater how many new characters i make it keeps crashing at random intervals of 1 to 2 hours time

i use:
    win7 home premiun
    intel core 2 quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz , 2.50GHz
    4gb of ram
    64-bit operating system
    nividia gefroce 310

if someone has any similar problems this is the place to share your frustrashion or maybe someone had these problems and fixed them do share please

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i just got the game like 3 days ago i have the awakening pack too so i start the game i play for like well 5-6 hours :D and the all of the sudden the game crashes :eek: it says "dragon age: origins have stoped working" well at first i wasnt bothered cause it was 3:58am i though its fine it crashed right after the autosave so the next morning i play again crashed... :mad: now im anoyed so i relaunch the game and no mater how many new characters i make it keeps crashing at random intervals of 1 to 2 hours time

i use:
    win7 home premiun
    intel core 2 quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz , 2.50GHz
    4gb of ram
    64-bit operating system
    nividia gefroce 310

if someone has any similar problems this is the place to share your frustrashion or maybe someone had these problems and fixed them do share please

Aside from the observation that you posted this in the wrong forum, DA:O has nasty memory leaks that build up after a few hours. There's been several patches since release, so make sure you get those.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/17527/Dragon+Age:+Origins+Patch+1.03

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CraZyLaurie

Spear wrote: »
    Aside from the observation that you posted this in the wrong forum, DA:O has nasty memory leaks that build up after a few hours. There's been several patches since release, so make sure you get those.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/17527/Dragon+Age:+Origins+Patch+1.03
    i have all the patches
    and about the wrong forum this aint the first time ive done this mistake i keep geing lost all the time on forum sites :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i have all the patches
    and about the wrong forum this aint the first time ive done this mistake i keep geing lost all the time on forum sites :D

The unpleasant alternative then, is to get in the habit of restarting it once an hour or so, until Bioware finally squash all the bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CraZyLaurie

Spear wrote: »
    The unpleasant alternative then, is to get in the habit of restarting it once an hour or so, until Bioware finally squash all the bugs.

well thats sad... then again newish game bugs theres nothing to do but wait for a win7 patch then... :D and keep relaunching the game that is... lol this is gonna be one long weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

did you check for any issues it might have with your graphic drivers, they may need updating or a role back to a older version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement