Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Design forum is ambiguous.

Options
  • 08-05-2010 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Since Software Development and Web Development have been bundled together the Design forum has become ambiguous in meaning. Software Design and Web Design are two very different but equal things but the Design forum seems to mean Web Design which may cause some confusion.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Did you discuss this with the moderators of the forum? What was their take on it?

Not a topic im very if at all familiar with but id suggest that perhaps software design is not as popular as web design among the contributors to the forum therefore most topics discussed seem to be web design.

Id imagine a simple solution to this problem would be for contributors to tag threads when starting them [web] or [software]

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

snyper wrote: »
    Did you discuss this with the moderators of the forum? What was their take on it?
    No I have not discussed it with them as I was not sure on how or where to approach the issue.
    Not a topic im very if at all familiar with but id suggest that perhaps software design is not as popular as web design among the contributors to the forum therefore most topics discussed seem to be web design.

I'm sure to the average viewer web design is something they are more familiar with but as a software developer this sticks out like a sore thumb to me.
    Id imagine a simple solution to this problem would be for contributors to tag threads when starting them [web] or [software]

Not sure if this is the way to go because web design is artistic in nature while software design is more of an engineering issue.

Advertisement