Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mountain View C&C

• 08-05-2010 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Its nice to come across views like this...but did I do it justice? :D

A319DC2D71614C9E922239545822F240-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

K_user wrote: »
    Its nice to come across views like this...but did I do it justice? :D
    My wife loves this photo, she loves painting landscapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Whatever PP you've done on it has completely sucked any contrast out of the image, it looks really flat, everything is more or less the same shade of grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

It's a nice shot, but that fence in the foreground is distracting in my view. Also, I agree with Daire - the contrast is way to flat... Any chance of seeing this in colour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Thanks for the comments.

I was actually aiming for a faded look with my PP. Something that was a bit different from what I already had.

And unfortunately no, I don't have the colour version. In fact this is the only version of any landscape photo, from the last year, that I have left. The rest died with my external harddrive. I just stumbled onto it yesterday, I had copied it into a different folder at somestage and so it survived...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Is it Glencar?

I can see what you were aiming for, but I reckon the processing robs the scene of a lot of the drama and majesty of the mountain.

I think I know the spot you took this from and it's amazing how the changing light affects the view. An angry sky, or a deep blue one with white fluffy clouds would have given you a completely different picture, and more to work with from a processing point of view.

Edit: looking at it again, I'd say there's a lot of potential in the sky as is :)

• Advertisement

Its fairly distinctive, isn’t it?

Beautiul spot, could have spent a full day there. Unfortunately my wife had other ideas, something about doing something with the kids - women huh? :D

And I’m taking on board peoples opinions about the PP’ing. But I always think its good to try something a little different, just to see if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

If you're in the vicinity again, fire me off a PM, there are loads of great little spots off the beaten track and I'm always on for a mini boardsie meetup! :)

Excellent - thanks for the offer.
    If I'm going that way during the summer I'll let you know. Thanks.

Advertisement