Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway markets?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi All! We'll be moving to Galway in July and completely new to the area. We like to do the odd market stall as a hobby and just can't figure out via the internet where there are markets other than the market in Spanish Arch or the Saturday market in the city centre.

We would try the above markets but can see that stalls need to be vintage or home made only products...we tend to sell all sorts of bric a brac/jewellery etc/ethnic etc.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks, Lou

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You need a licence from the Council to trade in St Nicholas: they're annual licences, issued in October I think, and I believe there's a waiting list.

There are others around the county that may be more open: Oranmore on Thurdsday afternoon, Moycullen on Friday ... others that I can't remember now. Hopefully others can, and know contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

There's an indoor market in Claregalway on Sunday's too, food/clothes/trinkets etc. A quick google says the contact number for a stall is 086 <snip>. I donno anything about prices and that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There is, AFAIK, a regular carboot in Kilchreest (between Loughrea & Gort). An occasional one in carpark of Terryland FC, think you just missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

There's the kinvarra farmer's market as well - going to look into setting up shop there myself

The Sunday one in Claregalway has stalls outside too, plenty of room. There is also a small market in Athenry, but I can't remember the day. It is very small though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Isn't there a regular one in Gort too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Could you sell small trees at these markets?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Could you sell small trees at these markets?

I don't see why not, obviously depending on if there's room, and how many trees you have. Whether people will buy them is another question. I remember a guy used to sell hedging in one of the markets in Limerick City on a Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lousqueeza

Thanks for all of that info, that's a brill help, can't wait to get down there to check them out!!

Thanks again :-) :-)

Advertisement