Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating included in rent

Options
  • 08-05-2010 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have been renting a place for the last 3 years in Rathmines. We signed a contract with heating and refuse included in the rent. Recently the Landlord/Management Agent has restricted access to the heating system. I think it comes on for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening. It is extremely cold in the apartment as there is no insulation in the walls and the window reveals have numerous gaps which let in air.

I understand that some people might take unfair advantage of the heating system but the current setup is ridiculous.

Has anyone been through a similar situation. The Management Company won't engage with us on this. Should we contact Threshold or PRTB?

Thanks in advance.

Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

There's no heating in my flat at all. The landlord has been told several times but has done absolutely nothing about it. And it was a pretty cold winter this year.

We ended up getting a SuperSer gas heater. It cost about €100 and you need to buy gas cylinders which cost €30. They last 2 - 3 weeks, it depends on how much you use it obviously. Would this be an option for you? I know you shouldn't have to, but if the only heating your landlord is willing to pay for isn't enough then it might be worth it.

Advertisement