Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody here into crawling?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I'm itching to get myself a crawler (Axial ax10 rtc or maybe the scx10 honcho) and were wondering if anybody else have a crawler of any sorts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

Where you gonna use it? I was looking into crawlers some time ago and the only place suitable I found was rocky beach between Malahide and Portmarnock. When I talked to Enda at Navan track in early Spring they were going to build a track, not sure what happened since then. Go ahead and buy one thou, I'd love to see one in action ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've one, a modified 1.9er TLT-1 on aa tracer chassis, Integy 55T motor, big bore shocks, lead in the wheels, Dr Kucho tyres, lots of fun! Used it a lot while building the house, great for scrambling, but it hasn't been out in a while, tiem to charge teh battery packs again!

dsc00076mi6.jpg
    413948623_69cb756262_o.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=muck&w=45512631%40N00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yeah I've seen that new kit - $456.99 at Tower though...

Been looking at the Venom Creeper and Losi Night Crawler as well, but I still think Axial has better parts and hop-ups availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Just spotted that new Axial XR10 on another forums.
    xr10-side-view_633px.jpg I thought MOA trucks died out with the Clod Buster-based trucks, but it looks pretty interesting. Front/Rear dig, low CoG, everything you'd need out of the box. Pricey, but for a competion crawler, you get what you pay for!
    http://www.rceasy.com/2010/05/11/axial-xr10-motor-on-axle-competition-rock-crawler/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

(I didn't want to start a new thread so instead decided to resurrect this one here.)

Anybody else got themselves a crawler yet? I need some new crawl spots and some competition ...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TI-MAX

Hello,i just noticed this post and im in the same position, a nice machine and no one to compete with.i dont understand what fallaci is talking about when he said (where you going to use it),the answer to that is ..anywhere ,isn't that the point of these things???
    Anyway mines an scx10 honcho,you can see it here
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334987
    I also have a scale land rover defender build going on at
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330624
    If you are into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

hey ti-max where abouts are you from? There's couple of us in North Dublin with scx crawlers if you want to meet sometime
    Here's mine
    Photo0032.jpg
    Photo0016.jpg
    Photo0014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

2 Espressi wrote: »
    I've one, a modified 1.9er TLT-1 on aa tracer chassis, Integy 55T motor, big bore shocks, lead in the wheels, Dr Kucho tyres, lots of fun! Used it a lot while building the house, great for scrambling, but it hasn't been out in a while, tiem to charge teh battery packs again.

Did you build the body yourself?

Hi fallici nice looking machine there,im living in limerick but i do go to dublin every so often. Ill get in touch a few days beforehand if im going up.
    CIMG0810.jpg
    And after messing with shoch positions a bit----7 inches of travel
    CIMG0788.jpg
    CIMG0793.jpg

• Advertisement

and my ongoing landrover def 110 build-this guy has its own handbuilt chassis
    CIMG0716.jpg
    CIMG0716.jpg
    CIMG0810.jpg
    CIMG0817.jpg

Hey espressi,are you still crawling?

Advertisement