Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC In Dublin 14

• 08-05-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I live in the Rathfarnham area and I would like to know when UPC will provide a digital service in my area.

UPC keep writing to me telling me the service is available, when I ring them they tell me the UPC letter is wrong.

I ask them when it will be available, they don't know, its been sometime soonish for a number of years now.

The cruncher however, when I ask how I will know its available... "we will write to you and tell you", then I remind them that they keep writing to me and telling me its available...

...then, you should ring us and ask, when I suggest I do that every day:D, its well maybe not for 6 months.

Whats evening more amazing is that I am a current UPC customer so they dont care as much as about "potential switchers".

Anyhow back to my orginal question, how do I find out when "roughly" UPC will roll out digital in my area.

Regards
    Dubal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

is there really no way of finding out?

Dubal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Classic stuff, its all sorted now.

Turns out broadband has been in the area for months, just it said different on the customer "service" screen.

Eventually found someone who did some checking, he noticed (in about 3 seconds) that my house is connected, just that I dont live in it, I actually live in an imaginery house nearby.

Once I was moved into my correct house, all the options became available!

Regards
    Dubal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Just seen your post now i had the same problem not so long ago but i live in rathmines took them three weeks to get it sorted
    glad to hear you moved back from your imaginary home to your real one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dino72

Our cable company who are promising to provide this 100mb broadband by the end of August have given us what is a really crap service.

They have very nice call centre staff who have won awards they tell us when you call up for being very polite but in the end will also tell you they have to charge you full whack while your service is not running correctly or is largely interrupted "because this is company policy." And if you don't pay them they will cut you off altogether and you are liable for the rest of your contract.

Our HD TV is freezing, our €6 telephone line is not working properly it's like having a bad mobile phone service / reception and you get dropped calls all the time and the Internet is so slow in spite of paying for a 15mb line.

We complained of this back in March and was told it was just the router and just to do a reboot. Then they had a complete area fault where we were told the whole area had to be RED FLAGGED. This has been going on to date. So I called them up and asked to have the sum outstanding on my bill canceled and was told no that's not company policy. "But don't worry sir your complaint is open. Just pay your bill as normal. €18 has been credited to your account."

What a joke!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Dino72 wrote: »
    Our cable company who are promising to provide this 100mb broadband by the end of August have given us what is a really crap service.

They have very nice call centre staff who have won awards they tell us when you call up for being very polite but in the end will also tell you they have to charge you full whack while your service is not running correctly or is largely interrupted "because this is company policy." And if you don't pay them they will cut you off altogether and you are liable for the rest of your contract.

Our HD TV is freezing, our €6 telephone line is not working properly it's like having a bad mobile phone service / reception and you get dropped calls all the time and the Internet is so slow in spite of paying for a 15mb line.

We complained of this back in March and was told it was just the router and just to do a reboot. Then they had a complete area fault where we were told the whole area had to be RED FLAGGED. This has been going on to date. So I called them up and asked to have the sum outstanding on my bill canceled and was told no that's not company policy. "But don't worry sir your complaint is open. Just pay your bill as normal. €18 has been credited to your account."

What a joke!

From UPC's Terms and Conditions:

2.2 In supplying the Services we will always use our reasonable skill and care but are
    unable to guarantee fault free performance. The Services are provided on a best efforts
    basis and we do not warrant that any connection to, transmission over, or results of the
    Equipment or the Services will meet your requirements or will provide uninterrupted use
    or will operate as required or at any minimum speed, or error free. We can not
    guarantee minimum bandwidth delivered to you and we can not guarantee that all data
    traffic can be transported complete and without delay. If a fault occurs you should notify
    us by contacting our customer management centre. If you are unable to access the
    Services, you remain liable to pay all Charges that would otherwise apply.

My emphasis.

[

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 colmcc2

I live in Dublin 14 (Rathfarnham) and the Post Office recently told me that it should be Dublin 16 (Balinteer). Which is fine. Either way, UPC have no plans to roll out fibre broadband in parts of Balinteer or Rathfarnham, according to a nice little rollout map on their website.
    According to their map, most of Balilnteer, Sandyford, Ticknock, Stepaside and Leopardstown are not on their agenda.
    Can this really be the case in a time when everyone is craving (and willing to pay top dollar) for faster cable broadband instead of DSL ???

Advertisement