Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork vs. Tipperary Senior Munster Hurling Championship Quarter-Final

Options

Comments

Orizio wrote: »
    Buggy O'Meara will do what Eoin allows him to do and nothing more. ;)

you think Eoin Kelly will supply him good ball? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37 paulie22315

Your saying we only have to turn up yet you only have a Tipp win by 3 or 4 points? to be honest i think it will be cracking game and cork are due a win on us. i hope it wont be may 30th. a solitary point will segregate the two. which side will it be, your guess as good as mine. id take a point or half a point win any day of the week in any game.

nobody judges games on league form,tho cork(with the aid of a crap ref) beat tipp a few weeks ago at the same venue...and quoting from cusacks book,they dont really rate us at all....

up and down league,and were injury ravaged,ive faith in sheedy,tho he had his team peaking later in the championship last year.
    nobody goes down to cork for an easy game...

i hope tipp come out sunday and do themselves justice..it will surely be a huge game with cork in no mood for losing themselves...
    i think if we play the way we can,a rub of the green will see us over the finish line...goals...goals...goals...

as long as cork stay in the dressin room at half time,the longer they stay in the championship

Daysha wrote: »
    One match does not make a bad team, but if you want to talk specifics of the Tipp team looder named above, 10 of those started against Dublin and got played off the park left right and centre. But we all know it'll have very little bearing on their Championship form and the Cork match will probably have the same effect. We all know Galway are notoriously difficult to face in the league anyway.

There's a certain sense of deja vu here as well. In 2004 Waterford played Galway in the NHL final and got destroyed far worse than the 5 point margin suggests. One week later we faced Clare and beat them by 19. I'm not saying Cork are nailed on to win this, if Tipp stroll through I still wouldn't be surprised either, but really anything could happen.

ten players got cleaned out against dub in the first game of the league?,u forgettin they came to nenagh for a challenge game the other week and got hammered by 25 points? same ten players then too.....

JamieK wrote: »
    Thinking about it I'd nearly prefer to have seen Corbett on Cadogan and bring him for a trot around...I'd imagine there would be a nosebleed should he reach the 40! :p

Anyways on a slightly more serious note...what do ye Cork lads think of Aisake and Cadogan? :D

spot on,i think lar should take the very gifted cadogan for a nice few runs and expose him...i dont think he has any pace.lar could destroy him..

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

Im still not sure how good Tipp actually are. If they play like they did in the AI final they could win by 10+ pts. But I suspect that performance was a once off, I don't know will Tipp reach those heights again.

Even so, everything must go right for Cork to win, and I can't see it happening to be honest.
    Still on any given sunday...

• Advertisement

Im still not sure how good Tipp actually are. If they play like they did in the AI final they could win by 10+ pts. But I suspect that performance was a once off, I don't know will Tipp reach those heights again.

bit harsh considering we ran them close in league final last year as well. bar bad shooting and a bottler of a ref we may have won that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

bit harsh considering we ran them close in league final last year as well. bar bad shooting and a bottler of a ref we may have won that too.

I didn't think Tipp had it in them to play as well as they did in the final, if they can improve on it this year and win it i'll be the first to offer my congrats, I don't mind as long as somebody beats Kilkenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Daysha wrote: »
    Christ I hate that condescending bastard! (The smiley that is, not you Orizio :))

Anyway, Cork team has been named.

1. Donal Og Cusack (Cloyne)
    2. Shane O'Neill (Bishopstown)
    3. Eoin Cadogan (Douglas)
    4. Brian Murphy (Bride Rovers)
    5. John Gardiner (Na Piarsaigh)
    6. Ronan Curran (St. Finbarr's)
    7. Sean Og Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
    8. Tom Kenny (Grenagh)
    9. Cathal Naughton (Newtownshandrum)
    10. Ben O'Connor (Newtownshandrum)
    11. Jerry O'Connor (Newtownshandrum)
    12. Niall McCarthy (Carrigtwohill)
    13. Kieran Murphy (Sarsfields) - Captain
    14. Aisake Ó hAilpín (Na Piarsaigh)
    15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

Who'll be taking the frees for Cork tomorrow lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

tatoo wrote: »
    Who'll be taking the frees for Cork tomorrow lads ?

Gardiner from distance, Ben up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Orizio wrote: »
    Gardiner from distance, Ben up close.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sonic boom

just a couple of observations - half the tipp starting 15 are either in their 1st year on the panel or their 2nd year. 2 debutants on Sunday, 1 of which (buggy O'meara) has only been in the senior panel for the last 3 weeks or so) sink or swim time as there'l be no quarter given in the park.

Due to the long term injury lay off to james woodlock brendan maher starts his 1st championship game at midfield, cud go either way for him. question marks over several tipp players, hopefully we'l get the right answer tomorrow.

They will need to be good as with the injurys to paul kelly, gearoid ryan, benny dunne etc tipps bench is what ill politely refer to as "interesting" :daragh egan, jody brennan, paddy fanning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

As a tipp fan im slightly worried about the match tmrw. If we were playing galway waterford or kilkenny we would be in trouble however i dont see enough firepower in the corks attack to trouble us. Think our defenders will win it for us! Tipp by 4 or 5 pints me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

This is gonna be a tight one. Cork still hurting over last year in Thurles, when they had enough chances and possession to have won the game. Cork have come on in leaps and bounds and look to have the upper hand in midfield....i'll be expecting Kenny and Naughton in particular to make many surges forward during the game. Tipp still have the edge in attack though. While Horgan, Kieran Murphy and Ben O'Connor are all in good form and will keep the Tipp backs busy, Tipp have more match winners in attack. If Corbett and Kelly get any sort of decent ball, they'll do enough damage to come out on top. Plenty of scores in the half line too for Tipp through Callinan and O'Brien, especially given Sean Ogs poor form of late. I really can't see Timmy McCarthy and Jerry O'Connor getting much change out of that Tipp half backs, which is after their full forward line, their strongest area.

Tipp by a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

kieran murphy to score 2 points or more, is 8/11

thoughts,he will surely get 2 points if not a goal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cathalosullivan

any online stream of the game?in the states so i cant access the rte stream!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Keep an eye out on www.iraqgoals.net, I remember watching Munster final on it in Australia last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cathalosullivan

ya..been watching out on iraqgoals but there not advertising it so i don't think they have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Im just hoping for a cracking game & hopefully a few slaps trown too for the entertainment :p...

May the best team win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Game has been delayed by 10 minutes to accomodate the football going to extra time.

Nice 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Why do RTE.ie have the game up to be watched online yet when I click on watch on the player it loads the vid on the media player and says next up is news and nothing else.

Muppets. Same happened before also, saying it's available online when it isn't.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Some Cork di*Khead shouting during the minutes silence, someone near him should have given him a smack.

come on the rebels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the camera was focused on a man shaking his head in the crowd as he did it, summed my feelings up well.

Anyways, enjoyin the game, plenty of atmosphere, cant beat a good game of hurling!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭applehunter

Anybody got a link for the match.

Have a brother in Holland looking for a link

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Cracking game. Could go either way this.

A man or 2 cud be sent off now with some of the challenges

Says it all about Corks new reliance on Aisake that they've only managed 5 points in 35 minutes. It's working for sure, but it's not the Cork we're used to seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aisake is catching balls like nobodies business. Hope Tipp make a comeback but I can see them giving easy frees to Ben O'Connor.

WHERE ARE YOU SHANE MCGRATH????????

I know I was one of the very few who predicted a Cork win, but even I didn't expect this! Great performance by the Rebels this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cork lot more up for it:(

Advertisement