Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork vs. Tipperary Senior Munster Hurling Championship Quarter-Final

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

whats wrong with tipp
    oh and hello im new here:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Aisake deserved a goal. Tipp have been horrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Geriatric umpires not paying attention again.... Back to the nursing home! Honestly where do they get them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vincenzo1

what was that comment about 15min before the end about the height of one of the players, only caught the end of it?

canning: ....theyre all tall there, the milkman is 6' 8, the postman is 7'4...

-or words to that effect.

I am unsure whether it was a joke, an insult or what? To me it questions parental identity, but he would hardly do that would he? like why would you say that on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Well how about that, a 10 point win for the Rebels. Cork are pretty much back in a Munster final and Tipp have a long road in the qualifiers ahead of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Tipp just didn't turn up to play today. Shocking performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

vincenzo1 wrote: »
    what was that comment about 15min before the end about the height of one of the players, only caught the end of it?

I am unsure whether it was a joke, an insult or what? To me it questions parental identity, but he would hardly do that would he? like why would you say that on tv?

Yeah, although think they said 9' 2. I was laughing, my mother said exact same thing as yourself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Great game! Where the hell were Tipp though?! Wasn't expecting that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vincenzo1

lol, yeah mushy, so there's no way he was talking factually. :rolleyes:
    who was he talking about though? young óhailpín? he looked the tallest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Awful performance from Tipp. Delighted I didn't drive down there to watch that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

i knew Aisake O h'Ailpin was due a big performance and at the odds that he was i couldnt resist.....;)

he seriously caused wreck,
    for a cork team to hold tipp to not scoring from play in the secound half is unbelieveable,,they defo deserve to win the munster after that performance.
    cmon cork:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

About Cussen coming on, he said that the bred them tall in Glanmire

Absolutely outstanding Cork performance, delighted for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

coughlan08 wrote: »
    they defo deserve to win the munster after that performance.

Uh, one good win doesn't mean Cork "deserve to win the munster".

I'd still fancy them to win it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

coughlan08 wrote: »
    i knew Aisake O h'Ailpin was due a big performance and at the odds that he was i couldnt resist.....;)

he seriously caused wreck,
    for a cork team to hold tipp to not scoring from play in the secound half is unbelieveable,,they defo deserve to win the munster after that performance.
    cmon cork:D

Nice one;)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

Daysha wrote: »
    Tipp have a long road in the qualifiers ahead of them.

Think its only 1 extra game, provided they avoid the prelim, but mentally it will be a lot longer

Tipperary just looked like stuck in glue today, 5 points in 2nd half, with none from play, wow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well, where does this leave us? Tipp going through the qualifers, Cork just about into theMunster final (sorry Limerick).

Kilkenny seemed to be struggling badly. Galway looking impressive all year.

This is going to mean the Leinster final will be huge. The winners will go straight into the semis, whoever loses could wind up with Tipp in an quarter final.

Its shaping up to be a great year. From Tipps point of view, a worry that maher was cleaned out, callinan was poor in centre forward and Noel mcGrath was also poor, but surely they will improve and be around come August.

For Cork they wer every good but i think they will need to vary their attack in order to succeed in making it to september, Aiske wont have i tas easy against the likes of Noel Hickey and they will need another option.

all in all this opens up the championship completly and I'm, already looking forward to it...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Savage performance by Cork. Tore Tipp apart.

Kilkenny may finally have challengers now in Galway and Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Uh, one good win doesn't mean Cork "deserve to win the munster".

I'd still fancy them to win it though...

ahh, yes it does,,this is the team that has got the most stick throughout this year saying they dont have a chance,
    the bookies wrote them off every paper and the sunday game.
    and for a cork team to absolute tear one of the best teams in the country apart is more than enough,for them to lift the munster..:)
    best of luck cork...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus I did not see this coming. Just proves that writing off great teams and players isn't too wise. These fellas are proud hurling men and they showed today that they're insane with hunger for another AI after all the sh*t the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Well i must say i didn't see this coming! I must take back everything i said about Aisake,earlier in the week i said it was a disaster playing him at full forward but today he proved what do i know! The majority of Cork supporters feared the worst today but this team proved their made of stern stuff and all the question marks posed by the experts were well and truly answered today!

I said it to my friend yesterday that there was an article on page 53 in the Sun newspaper by Babs,it was a great motivator for any Cork player to play out of their skins today! Tom Ryan in the Daily Mail also played his part in motivating Cork! As for Tipp they'll be back but i thought today they lacked serious willpower and their management seemed shellshocked,they could do nothing to stop the Cork team.

• Advertisement

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Well i must say i didn't see this coming! I must take back everything i said about Aisake,earlier in the week i said it was a disaster playing him at full forward but today he proved what do i know! The majority of Cork supporters feared the worst today but this team proved their made of stern stuff and all the question marks posed by the experts were well and truly answered today!

I said it to my friend yesterday that there was an article on page 53 in the Sun newspaper by Babs,it was a great motivator for any Cork player to play out of their skins today! Tom Ryan in the Daily Mail also played his part in motivating Cork! As for Tipp they'll be back but i thought today they lacked serious willpower and their management seemed shellshocked,they could do nothing to stop the Cork team.

I don't think they needed newspaper articles to motivate them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Great performance from Cork today. Aisake was on top form today. Reminded me of Dan Shanahan in 2007 when he was at the top of his game.

Is it a sure thing now that Cork will win Munster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cateye

Well done to cork today .(coming from a Kilkenny man!!!!)
    They were the better team throughout.
    Tipp looked liked they werent really up for the fight today.
    listening to the lads on RTE you would swear it was the all ireland final.
    Great from our point of view to keep focus on munster but there is
    Lots of hurling to come but great start.

I hope Galway don't beat us in leinster but it could make things very interesting with the qualifiers if it did happen.

Cat eye

cateye wrote: »
    Well done to cork today .(coming from a Kilkenny man!!!!)
    They were the better team throughout.
    Tipp looked liked they werent really up for the fight today.
    listening to the lads on RTE you would swear it was the all ireland final.
    Great from our point of view to keep focus on munster but there is
    Lots of hurling to come but great start.

I hope Galway don't beat us in leinster but it could make things very interesting with the qualifiers if it did happen.

Cat eye

Leinster Final is now absolutely massive. If KK lose that they could face the nightmare scenario of facing a Tipp team hell bent on revenge for the AI in a qualifier in Thurles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

WTF are you on about? Pass the joint buddy :pac: It was a joke about how Michael Cusssssssssssssen and The O' hAilpins are tall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

kildare9 wrote: »
    Great performance from Cork today. Aisake was on top form today. Reminded me of Dan Shanahan in 2007 when he was at the top of his game.

Is it a sure thing now that Cork will win Munster?

Cork 4/9

Waterford 2/1

Was hoping for better odds on Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Delighted to have called this one wrong!

Defence was exceptional - when Shane O'Neill was arguably your worst defender then you know the other 5 put is huge performances. Curran MOTM hands down.

Midfield did fine - Kenny seemed only half fit, but I thought Naughton some excellent stuff.

Forwards were a bit of mixed bag - Aisake, Hoggie and Ben werre excellent, Jerry and Fraggie were disapointing, Niall Mac was somewhere in between. Plenty of room there for Cussen and maybe Paudie Sul yet imo.

Any post-match analysis should be tempered by the fact that this was an awful Tipp performance. Sheedy got it very wrong tactically, and the amount of high balls that rained down on top of our center back line and Cadogan was incredible. They also struggled very badly to properly pressurise and close down the space in the middle third when Cork were in possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Orizio wrote: »
    Any post-match analysis should be tempered by the fact that this was an awful Tipp performance. Sheedy got it very wrong tactically, and the amount of high balls that rained down on top of our center back line and Cadogan was incredible. They also struggled very badly to properly pressurise and close down the space in the middle third when Cork were in possession.

Glad someone said this, couldn't watch the match properly because I was working so only catchin 10 mins here and there. Thought Tipp were shocking today and not entirely because Cork were amazing. Not taking from Cork at all but a good Cork performance combined with a very poor Tipp performance meant the scoreline was what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

any of the cork crowd disappointed with corks use of ulster puke football tactics?

think its a sad day when hurling takes some of the tactics from football.

Advertisement