Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your own personal internet.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Woo, this should fun... all right, here are the main sites I frequent, taken straight from my bookmarks bar!

Boards! - well, obviously. ;)
    Fruitcake MIDI - the very first internet forum I ever visited, way back when I was but 13 years old. Posted on it for years, had many a meet-up and watched the people on it grow up with me! Sadly, it died its eventual death at the start of this month. =(
    Facebook - otherwise known as the Book of Souls. It will rend your spirit from the tender flesh that houses it.
    DeviantArt - visit this daily, usually to check out the most popular uploads of the day in various categories. Sometimes upload drawing there, too!
    Stereomood - brilliant if you feel like listening to something random. Pick a mood and it'll stream you some appropriate, generally great music. Nice! Complements Last.FM well.
    Den of Geek - sci-fi reviews, previews and stuff of that nature. Great for interviews, articles about and photos of Doctor Who.
    UCC Forums - pretty good whenever they're not, er, entirely dead. =p
    UCC Physoc - I'm the (SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION) admin of this site, so during the college term I occasionally update it with whatever the Chamberlain of Ye Physick decrees me to. =p
    And the usual stuff, like YouTube, Gmail, blogs and so on.

-Comics-
    Dinosaur Comics - best thing ever. The dinosaurs are discussing philosophy!
    A Softer World - a photographic webcomic with a sinister, oblique and sometimes nihilistic sense of humour. Great!
    Chaff City - my friend Mike Laraman's comic, wherein he draws the adventures of a diminutive, nerdy demon and his drunk surgeon friend Dr. Dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Not in any order:

- Facebook
    - Boards
    - Gmail
    - Hotmail
    - Youtube
    - Tumblr
    - PerezHilton
    - DeviantArt

The only things I'd go on daily!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

last.fm
    various forums on different subjects
    reddit, digg
    various IRC networks
    gmail
    youtube
    xkcd, explosm, penny arcade
    slashdot, lifehacker
    Quite a lot more, but that's all I'm going to list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Mute

We all use the internet for something [duh!],but I thought it might be a cool idead to talk about what other parts of the internet you use,what for,maybe even why.Something you might like to share

My top websites to use are probably:
    Facebook,
    Boards,
    Blogger and other blog websites;I've started following a few blogs lately,it's really easy to get very into it
    YouTube,I've followed a few Channels on YouTube for a good while now;sXePhil's vlog,mysteryguitarman's music videos and raywilliamjonson's =3 sketchs every now and then.

So,what does the internet mean for you?[/QUOTE]

Tooo Easy:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Mute wrote: »
    We all use the internet for something [duh!],but I thought it might be a cool idead to talk about what other parts of the internet you use,what for,maybe even why.Something you might like to share

My top websites to use are probably:
    Facebook,
    Boards,
    Blogger and other blog websites;I've started following a few blogs lately,it's really easy to get very into it
    YouTube,I've followed a few Channels on YouTube for a good while now;sXePhil's vlog,mysteryguitarman's music videos and raywilliamjonson's =3 sketchs every now and then.

So,what does the internet mean for you?[/QUOTE]

Tooo Easy:rolleyes:

Giggity? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

James G wrote: »
    xkcd, explosm, penny arcade
    Forgot to mention those... yes, as much as I hate to say it I'm an avid reader of xkcd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

1.Boards
    2. Deviantart
    3. Youtube

Advertisement