Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merlincycles.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Morgan wrote: »
    Yes.

Could you elaborate,please.

Did you find them good to deal with,delivery times etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Invincible wrote: »
    Could you elaborate,please.

Did you find them good to deal with,delivery times etc.

I've used them a few times but find chainreactioncycles.co.uk better for most items plus they have free postage. No complaints with Merlin though, always deliver......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

+1 chain reactions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Merlin are very good, I bought a Malt from them as well as a Campagnolo groupset more recently.

Their groupset prices are among the best I can find (if not the best) as shipping is free.

CRC have gone down in my ratings recently, I think they are starting to become a victim of their own success. Email replies used to be quite prompt, returns were handled quickly but it seems they are becoming harder to contact and don't really seem too bothered about keeping people hanging on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Bought a commencal mtb last year, no problems. cheapest on the net and 500 euro less than best price here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Do Merlin's prices as advertised include or exclude Vat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

They include VAT as long as you have your delivery country set to something in the European Union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

They're fine. Factor in postage costs when you're checking prices. Their custom wheelbuilds are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Morgan, free postage from Merlin if you buy over 100 euro.

They are cheaper than CRC on allot of stuff and I bought a set of custom wheels last year an are perfect.

Postage is about 2 days to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

They include VAT as long as you have your delivery country set to something in the European Union.

THanks Blorg. I ordered a new fork and their special offer bike stand the other day. When it came to round up the total the guy said that it was XXX£STG including vat. (I was working in €Euro)

Should be delivered tomorrow and I'll know for sure when I see the receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Wow, those groupsets seem to be pretty good value alright, I bought a tiagra groupset from ribble two weeks ago for the same price as the cheapest campy groupset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I bought new shoes from them in January and even with postage thet were far cheaper than anyone else. Prompt delivery too. I would reccommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

THanks Blorg. I ordered a new fork and their special offer bike stand the other day. When it came to round up the total the guy said that it was XXX£STG including vat. (I was working in €Euro)

Should be delivered tomorrow and I'll know for sure when I see the receipt.
    A lot of UK retailers give indicative prices in Euro but you are ultimately billed in GBP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Shinybikes have very good deals on groupsets too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement