Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going from 02 bill pay to Vodafone Pre-Pay??

Options
  • 08-05-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'll make a long story short here, my dad had the Nokia N95 but broke it and his insurance gave him some piece of crap phone so i told him to get his money's worth (as ye do). He got the Nokia 5800 but seeing as it is a touch screen and he is useless with technology and would only break it he gave it to me.

Here's the question, because he is with 02 bill pay that's the blank sim they gave him and the phone is locked to 02, i'm on vodafone prepay so i'm wondering what can i do regarding switching the phone over. As in where can I get it done? Can it be done? How much would it cost? And can you really trust those guys in the Chinese shops in town saying "unlock all phones €10"

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I know when I broke my N95 before they sent me out a replacement and it wasn't locked to any network and wasn't 02 branded. I have seen several since that come from 02 insurance and they aren't locked either. Pop your vodafone sim into it and check it out- that one could be unlocked too. Eitherway your dad can ring 02 and ask for the phone to be unlocked, 02 will give the code straight away if they have it on file seen as he's on bill pay. Hope this gives some clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Yea I tried my Vodafone sim, no luck, it's definitely an 02 phone. Never thought of that, i'll give that a go.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Yeah that worked just waiting on the unlock codes now,might be a few days. Cheers for that

Advertisement