Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Step up from a mal?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wow, gorgeous work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Edmc

Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Amazing board. What is it like handling a 12ft board? How long did the project take start to finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

It's only 11 1/2 :)

it's a very different experience. I generally ride logs any way and prefer them pretty flat so I knew what I was letting myself in for. In saying that the 1st session I probably had some of my biggest drops on it so far and spent a lot of time going over the front.

Taking anything on the head with it isn't fun and you need to he very aware of where other people are. If you bail a 8 ft board with a 6 ft leash you have to keep people let's be generous and say 18-20ft inside you in mind if I lose this it's 11.5ft+10ft of leash+stretch and then how ever far under water I'm being pulled, so more then once now iv gone over the falls giving it a bear hug.

But the benifits outway the hassle 10fold, I have never surfed anything as fast, by the time you realise there is a section it's gone past it. Al doesn't normally ride logs but we were out now a few times since and he's sent me off in his alaia just so he can surf it. So much so he's talking of getting in the cedar and foam to make one for himself.

I spose the best way to sum it up would along these lines. I like surfboards, I like them a lot and I own a few. Generally if I'm travelling I'd probably have a min of 3 with me. Recentely I met 2 buddies for a bit of camping and the 2 of them were taking the piss that I only had one board in the van....

Advertisement