Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom Router Box Help!!

• 08-05-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Ok, my dad old Eircom Router Broke down, so he rang Eircom and got a new Router, ok their now Zyxel Router Module Number p-660hw-T1 V3.

their is not MAC filtering on it, No DMZ, Cant Seem to get the PlayStation 3 online with it, i hooked up my Old Belkin Router hoping that will allow the PS3 to get in the Backdoor. the PPoE does not work with the PS3.

I have an Old Smart Router which i can use with the Belkin which Allows me the DMZ on the PS3, Any idea how i can get the Smart Router working with Eircom?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cork24 wrote: »
    Ok, my dad old Eircom Router Broke down, so he rang Eircom and got a new Router, ok their now Zyxel Router Module Number p-660hw-T1 V3.

their is not MAC filtering on it, No DMZ, Cant Seem to get the PlayStation 3 online with it, i hooked up my Old Belkin Router hoping that will allow the PS3 to get in the Backdoor. the PPoE does not work with the PS3.

I have an Old Smart Router which i can use with the Belkin which Allows me the DMZ on the PS3, Any idea how i can get the Smart Router working with Eircom?

The only adjustment your smart router should need to work with eircom is your eircom username and password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

i think its broadband as username and broadband1 as Password,

so i dont need to mess around with PPoE settings or anything like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Cork24 wrote: »

Was the new router for free?
    Mine is breaking atm and I thought I would have to buy one myself now
    since it is out of warranty.

MFZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I think he got it for free but it's a load of **** if you have an xbox or ps3 say goodbye to your online gaming as it won't let you on with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

I had issues with zyxel as well, I managed to source eircom netopia wireless router and have no issues whats so ever with connection, ps3 or wireless etc.

hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 cantthinkof1

I have the new Zyxel modem from Eircom (black one single antenna)

Set the firewall to low and the XBox will work fine.

Advertisement