Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which cable to connect laptop to LCD TV?

• 08-05-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Got myself a brand spanking new Sony Bravia 37" Full HD LCD TV and am not sure what kind of cable I need in order to connect my laptop to it to watch stuff on 4OD, Youtube, etc.

If anyone can recommend what kind of cable I need and what socket to plug it into on the laptop, I'd be very grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

If there's a HDMI output on your laptop then a HDMI cable is just the job.

hdmi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

If there's a HDMI output on your laptop then a HDMI cable is just the job.

And if there is no HDMI output then you`ll need a VGA cable, assuming there is a VGA input on your tv. You will also need an audio cable from the laptop to the TV.

136166d1251596999-hdtv-no-sound-pc-3.5-phono.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Gekko wrote: »
    Got myself a brand spanking new Sony Bravia 37" Full HD LCD TV and am not sure what kind of cable I need in order to connect my laptop to it to watch stuff on 4OD, Youtube, etc.

If anyone can recommend what kind of cable I need and what socket to plug it into on the laptop, I'd be very grateful!

I use a VGA cable. You can buy one in maplins or the like.. I have a set of speakers each side of the tv that i use for sound. The cable goes into the side or back of your laptop then into the back of your tv. I find it's great watching movies! Sites like ovguide and movie25 are good too. Hope it helps!

http://www.tvone.com/images/1t-vga-cattx-rear.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

thanks everyone I'll get a kit on eBay or pop into Power City.

Advertisement