Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a free phone on bill to use as a pre pay phone?

Options
  • 08-05-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. A friend of mine has been offered an upgrade on his bill pay phone (in this case a free iphone). He doesnt really want it but he knows im looking to get one so can he choose to take the phone and give it to me?

Im pay as you go and hes bill. Both on the same network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

joe123 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. A friend of mine has been offered an upgrade on his bill pay phone (in this case a free iphone). He doesnt really want it but he knows im looking to get one so can he choose to take the phone and give it to me?

Im pay as you go and hes bill. Both on the same network?

I can't see why it should be a problem, just pop your sim card in. and I would highly recommend an iPhone! absolutely brill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

will work absolutely fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Brilliant. Cheers for the replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Only drawback I can see is that he might have to sign up to an 18 month contract in order to get the iphone. Other than that it should be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And he could be tied to an iPhone plan for the duration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i did the same...took out a new phone on bill pay and gave it to my mother...just kept using mine...

Advertisement